Home Forums General General Single Vehicle Games

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

I have long been hankering to play a mini campaign where you control the crew of a vehicle.
    This could be a tank, a mech or even a titan.
    Something land based that is a big hitter.

I want the crew to level up or gain skills as the campaign progresses and some sort of way to upgrade the vehicle.

Any ideas what would work?

(Not too chart mad either.)

Lagartija Mike
    Spectator

You could do a kaiju sort of thing, have it composed of different symbiotes with different attributes that could mature in time. It might also include grafted mechanical parts operates by a separate crew within the whole.

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Find copies of Ogre,ย  GEV, Open Fire and Patton’s Best boardgames. The first two are Steve Jackson Games, the others two Victory Games and Avalon Hill titles.

Play around with those ๐Ÿ™‚

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Interesting I was only looking at a copy of Open Fire today – I might take a closer look.

Mr. Average
    Participant

I could always suggest Battletech.ย  I know it has a grim reputation as “too slow,” but I’ve always loved it and, knowing the rules, can crank out games pretty fast.ย  And it has an in-built system for design, modification, and upgrading crews and pilots as they go.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Mr. Average.
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Isn’t this basically Nuts? ๐Ÿ™‚

Alternatively, grab a copy of something like GURPS WW2: It had pretty detailed vehicle rules and you get all the RPG stuff to build characters with.

We’ve run GURPS as a skirmish game before and enjoyed it a lot.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.