Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Slammers Ambush!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John TreadawayJohn Treadaway
    Participant

We played a game at the weekend: a seven hander with some new blood and some old lags. Have a look at the report here

Enjoy!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Talk about a slaughterama.  Defenders really were mincemeat, despite their valiant (and fool-hearty) efforts.  Too bad for them they couldn’t get those IEDs going.  Maybe next time they hide them in prams instead, then they could get the sympathetic media coverage when the Slammers got trigger happy on “civilians”.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Thorsten FrankThorsten Frank
    Participant

Got to play The Crucible again.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

John TreadawayJohn Treadaway
    Participant

Talk about a slaughterama. Defenders really were mincemeat, despite their valiant (and fool-hearty) efforts. Too bad for them they couldn’t get those IEDs going. Maybe next time they hide them in prams instead, then they could get the sympathetic media coverage when the Slammers got trigger happy on “civilians”.

The IED bit with the vehicles is usually effective at equalising the forces but the players were just too savvy (maybe they’ve read other times I’ve used the idea on other games like here or maybe they’re just too smart!). I also wanted to try out the ‘pull a chit from a cup’ routine as a method of randomising it amongst the loads of parked cars rather than my usual approach: a detailed map of every single IED.

But up armoured blowers and a determined bunch of players is just too much for a greater number of not-very-good defenders. It was fun watching the Slammer’s players faces as we got out almost 10 Wolverine Vikings plus infantry; almost 20 Solace Marzak AFVs in various configurations; another 10 or so light aircar ‘vans’, some towed guns and calliopes and the thick end of 70 Infantry TUs and put them on a side table.

They just needed to trust the quality of their troops!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.