Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi smeldar

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Nearly done with the orange, I just need to give the back row the last two highlights. After that it’s rocks, base edges, gloss coat, decals, dullcote and grass. That should be doable over the weekend or early next week.

I’m still working on the turrets for these. While I finish getting those ready for paint I’ll likely see about Jetbikes or Vypers.

Participant

Looking good!  You’re almost done!

…or are you?  Plan further additions?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

There’s plenty more. The Vypers and Jetbikes will let me get a painted Saim-Hann army on the table. After that I’ve got plenty of Aspects, Guardians and Wave Serpents for a Biel-Tan army, and Titans for a Fir Iolarion one.

Participant

I finished the painting on the Falcon hulls this week, and got them all gloss and dull coted up. Once I get a few more things done I’ll do the grass tufts all in one go. I need to finish up making the turrets for these so they look presentable for Fall In!

I also started on my Wild Rider conversion. Thoughts? He’ll also be getting stabilizing fins and a back pennant. I used the head and sword of a Harlequin, filed off the mask and put on a Chaos Cultist’s face on over it.

This is my Jetbike Autarch/Wild Rider Chief conversion. She’ll have the same fins and pennants as well. I used a Banshee head and right arm, and made the axe head out of a Farseer’s Singing Spear. Both of these will be getting some putty.

Finally, it was really nice to speed through some units after slogging through the 18 Falcons hulls for so long. I finished the black and weapons on my Vypers this week, as well as the decals. I hope to finish them the gems and orange next week.

Keymaster

It would be a genuine treat to play against that army and I would feel a bit bad each time a unit was removed from the table…

Participant

I can assure you that none of my regular opponents suffer from feelings like that.

Participant

I finished converting my Jetbike Farseer this week. I removed the Guardian’s torso and right arm, and got the Farseer’s torso in there as a replacement. I then puttied the robes around what was left of the body and used a staple as the base for the right arm. On that went the Farseer’s right hand and spear, and I used a staple again as the haft of the spear.

I only got one night of painting in this week, so the Vypers only got their gems done and their first coat of orange.

I did take one Vyper to completion just to see what it looked like highlighted. The only thing I went back and changed was to add some black in the engine exhaust areas.

The conversion are great, can’t wait to see them painted. I like the Harlequin sward and the latest spear conversion.

I’ve always like the shape of these jet bikes, looks like spaceships.

Does the two seater has the intake grills on the bottom like the single seater?

Participant

I doesn’t, no. That’s weird, now that you mention it. Had I seen it before I painted them maybe I could have tried carving them in.

Participant

I finished the orange highlights this week on the Vypers and tidied up the base edges as well. They’ll get some seal coats this weekend and maybe some grass tufts along with the Falcon hulls.

I started on the Jetbikes yesterday too, just to get some paint on them for Fall In.

Do you drybrush the highlight or do you paint the edge? If you paint the edges do you do gradual mix of the colors or straight from the bottle?

Also do you use wash?

Participant

For the orange? No drybrushing, I used paints thinned with GW’s flat medium, sometimes two coats to get it smooth and opaque:

Jokaero Orange (airbrushed for speed), Troll Slayer Orange (airbrushed again), Fuegan Orange pin wash (maybe two, depending on the depth of the lines), Troll Slayer Orange tidy-up, Fire Dragon Bright edge highlight, Lugganath Orange finer highlight, CdA Suntanned Flesh corner edge, CdA Flesh corner tips.

Thanks, I didn’t expect pin washing at this scale. The result is definitely worth the effort.

Participant

I’ve been working on the Jetbikes for the last two weeks. Just the orange highlights are left at this point as well as the decals.

I didn’t have these ready for Fall In!, but they’re going to be getting some paint early next year I think, six custom Night Spinner turrets. I used most of the Forgeworld turret, just replacing the cockpit glass with some from fan-made proxies.

These didn’t make it down to Fall In! either but I’m hoping to finish them before the end of the year and EpiComp. They’re my Wild Riders, I decided to paint them up in Sunblitz Brotherhood colors.

Participant

Aside from 18 Falcon hulls, this is what I managed to paint this past year Epic-wise.

Not a ton, but I had to remodel a bathroom, build a few Christmas presents, and I also built/re-based an Epic Squat army as well. Finishing the 18 Falcon hulls and the Wild Riders are at the top of my list for this year. After that, not sure. I could start on my Guardians or Aspect Warriors, paint some landsknechte[/url] for the store, or some Aeronef or Monsterpocalypse that I just picked up. We’ll see.

Keymaster

Thing is, you say it is not a lot, but it is all so very very well done.

Participant

Thanks. I’ve still got quite a bit to paint: 100ish infantry stands, 36 Wave Serpents, Titans, Nightwings, Vampires. I’ve been putting a dent in the Eldar pile but it’s still going to take 2-3 more years I think given my current rate.

Participant

New year, quick new tangent. I have had TiRoBEx for a while and have been meaning to paint something up for it to run at cons and in between games at our monthly game days. Toting around 40mm based models and enough terrain to fill a 4×4′ seemed like a pain though, so I decided to halve all the measurements and templates. Handily, I’ve had some 2×2′ mats from Adepticon that will work great, and plenty of Epic 40k ruins for terrain. For the miniatures I had these old Adeptus Titanicus robots and dreadnoughts so I went for this quick and dirty prismatic spray of a scheme.

I just need to paint the base edges and the rocks, then it’s on to the ruins before CaptainCon.

Keymaster

I had some of those. Happy days.
    Do you have any of the original Imperial Knights?

Participant

I just sold some on eBay.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

That’s an intimidating sight.

Participant

The Wild Riders haven’t been holding my attention so I switched gears and started on the Night Spinner turrets this past Tuesday. The cockpits and undersides are done while the orange got started. I’ve since finished that up and got the barrels glued on since this picture was taken.

Participant

I took one of the turrets through to completion to see how I liked it. The Doomweaver was intended to be red that fades to bright orange, I’m not sure there’s a whole lot a difference when compared to the hull orange though. Thoughts?

Keymaster

I’m not sure there’s a whole lot a difference when compared to the hull orange though. Thoughts?

First of all, another amazing paintjob.
    Secondly, yeah I kind of agree with you.

What about electric blue, or very very matt black.

Participant

Or neon turquoise. You need a clashing color there.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

I finished up the turrets on the Night Spinners last night. I ended up going with a magenta for the Doomweavers, and putting the glow more towards the middle/base. Annoyingly, I painted on my gloss coat which resulted in a yellow/brown tinge getting on them. I’m not sure if it was something in the brush or what but I have to clean up a few parts (it’s most noticeable on the white highlights). I’ll get to that in a bit and get some grass tufts on there as well, then I have to figure out Falcon turrets.

All of this is a very, very enviable project. Reminds me of why I’ve always thought the Eldar are a winning design concept. Well done!

Participant

I haven’t been painting as much lately, so these have taken much longer than I would have liked. They’re basically ready for the decals at this point, so we’ll see how long it takes me to get my act together on those. I was pretty happy with how the gem effect came out on the lance. Also, oddly, I used a light greenish khaki as a base for the lance haft and weapons but it definitely looks bone colored. It must be all the yellow.

I am thinking the yellow banners are just too much yellow on them though. What I’ll likely do is paint them red with a yellow Sunblitz symbol on them instead.

Participant

I got the decals on the Sunblitz Brotherhood this week, and finished up the pennants as well. I’m not completely happy with them but I motivation to keep working on them is gone, so they’re done. I hope to get them dullcoted and tufted this weekend, then it’s on to the Falcon turrets.

Really like the flags.
    Is the thin strip of white on the front of the bikes light reflection or highlight?

Participant
    Participant

The Falcon turrets are nearly ready for paint, in the meantime I’ve been working on the Shining Spears. The white and blue is finished on these guys, just the metal, gems and decals left to go.

Keymaster

They jetbikes?

Participant

Ya, a variety of Eldar Aspect Warriors.

Participant

I finished the first of the six Falcon turrets last Friday right before <abbr>NEAT</abbr>. The next six are going to be magnetised so I can swap them out for Fire Prism turrets (haven’t started on those yet though).

I also did some conversion work earlier this week on my Revenants. I did some leg swaps to add some pose variety and magnetized the weapons. I have some Vibrocannon arm conversions to work on and a bit of puttying to do before these see paint.

Finally, I finished up the lances and gems on the Shining Spears last night, and put on their decals as well. They’ll need a bit of touch up and bases edges before they get top coated.

Participant

I finished 6 or so of the color sections on the Aeronef ships but I need to get going on the last bits of Eldar for the Epic World Tournament in Scotland next month. So orange is back on the painting pallet. I got the black undersides and cockpits done. Next up is the little bit of black trim on the top, the weapons and the orange treatment.

I’m not sure if I’ll have time but I’d also like to get 3 Fire Prism turrets done for the army as well. We’ll see.

That canopy look really good.

Participant

Thanks. I’m burnt out on Warmaster Dwarves for now. I headed back to the Void Spinners (third times the charm) and finished 2 of them. I hope to finish the third, touch-up the black highlights and de-gloss them this weekend.

Participant

I finished up the Void Spinners the other week and also went back and updated the rocks on some of the older bases to match my newer scheme. I’d still like to strengthen the black highlights on the super-heavies at some point but figured this was a good place to leave for the year. So here’s just over 6,000 points of my Epic Craftworld Lugganath Eldar army. Still plenty left to do though (Aspects, Guardians, Wave Serpents and Titans being the bulk of it).

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.