Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force SMG/Shotgun/Handguns Firepower

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is the bonus Firepower die for using SMGs/Shotguns/Handguns per weapon or per squad?

For example: If I have a 4 man fireteam armed with SMGs, shooting at Optimal range, is their base Firepower 8 or 5 before other modifiers?

Reading the rules, I’d say it would be 8; but that seems a little over powered, so want to make sure I’m interpreting it right.

Thanks!

Participant

It’s +1FP per weapon, Mark, as it would be for each SAW/GL in a squad.
    It gives them a lot of clout at close range & in CQB but they are next to useless once out of optimal range as they’re relegated to D6 regardless of TQ.
    If it feels too much I’d suggest using 4 TQ dice & 4 D6 to take a bit of the edge off it.ย  (or if using SF with higher TQs, use the other 4 with a negative die shift to reflect their skill).
    Have fun with it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant

Thanks for the reply! That’s how I was reading it, but wanted to be sure. I’ll play a few games as it is written before I decide I want to change it.

Thanks again!

Participant

Glad to assist. It’s how I understand it, I’ve only had the odd figure in a team with a shotgun, or SMG, the weapons are quite handy in tight situations but not good at all over optimum range with just a D6, which was the point I believe.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.