Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Soft Sand

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SS is a terrain type used in Field of Glory. To be honest, I’m not sure what it exactly is, let alone how it should look.

Up to now, I’ve used a naff piece of felt but feel I need to make several examples in a pleasant & suitable manner.

The terrain type BTW is “meat & sandwiches” for Medium & Light Infantry, difficult to varying degrees to all other troop types.

So: suggestions & links entertained.

donald

Keymaster

Not having the book I have no idea.
    However from what I am inferring from the description and from your description of the rules effects, I would say it is very lose/dry sand.

Not the kind of stuff seen here which seems fairly OKish for driving/marching on:

But either wet loose sand:

Or dry loose sand:

Either of which would seem to fit the bill, and would slow down movement, be that tanks, chariots, or indeed just men on foot.
    Running up a soft sand dune is tiring!

So maybe decide which suits your game board/location best and have a look around for that?

Participant

Just make up some terrain templates out of MDF. and stick some builders sand on with PVA. Job done. It is sandy, it has a defined edge, that is all you need for game purposes.

Do some more with sand and rocks, and bingo, rough ground.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.