Home Forums Medieval some 28mm 80mm frontage contingents for wars of Roses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

A few more 28mm wars of Roses contingents get added to the ‘Pocket Armies’, plus a couple of 1/72 Tiger II tanks sneek in.

Link
    http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2021/05/28mm-wars-of-roses-pocket-armies.html

Sane Max
    Participant

Lovely Norm

willz
    Participant

Very nice looking units Norm, love the banners.

ian pillay
    Participant

Norm. These are smashing. I am pleased that you have demonstrated that big 28s look good on single bases. I’ve been toying with the idea as that’s how I base my <20s but have been hesitant on the 28s. I think I might give it ago for some NT OHW dark age armies I am planning on purchasing.

Tally-Ho!

Norm S
    Participant

Thanks all.

Ian I am quite taken with the 80mm bases, a size that is usually reserved for 15mm single basing with 28mm going on 120mm (Impvus style).

I put a dice holder on the back and that leaves enough room for around 10 figures scruffily arranged in roughly three ranks in a 4 – 4 – 3 arrangement on a 60mm deep base.

I have tried similar with napoleonics and the marching pose gives 5 figures wide in two ranks and then I use two bases for a unit, so I can get assault column and line out of the two bases.

I went to a wargame show a few years ago and a local club was doing Hastings and they had chosen 100mm bases to do that and they looked good.

Raymond Haskins
    Participant

Great work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.