Home Forums Modern Some days the ideas for scenarios drop into your lap.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As per the title. Who needs imaginations or scenario generator with these guys around?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gideon_(2020)

Participant

That is crazy.  Didn’t hear a thing about it, must have been really under the radar on the news with all of the Covid drama, and that’s saying something about how self-absorbed we are with domestic issues.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Navel gazing is the biggest hobby out there nowadays.

Wow, ex US Special Force guys, mercenaries, million dollar contract, Russian Special Forces, an airsoft gun and two fiberglass boats.

Considering how open the secret operation was it was probably bound to fail. I’m kind of interested in the Venezuelan Captian who was alledged to be a mole in the operation. They shouldmake a movie of this.

Participant

Some guys really seem to think they are living in a Rambo movie…

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

Wow, ex US Special Force guys, mercenaries, million dollar contract, Russian Special Forces, an airsoft gun and two fiberglass boats.

Don’t forget the seven condoms. Which kind of begs the question: who was the guy who thought he was going to get lucky on this trip? Although, come to think of it, unlubricated condoms do have many uses in survival situations, water bladders, just for starters.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

Don’t forget the seven condoms. Which kind of begs the question: who was the guy who thought he was going to get lucky on this trip? Although, come to think of it, unlubricated condoms do have many uses in survival situations, water bladders, just for starters.

Much, much more usefully than that, you put them over the barrel of your gun to keep the water out.

‘The Seven Condoms’ is a good movie title though.

Participant

In the late ’90s, seven condoms wouldn’t have lasted you a weekend in Caracas.  Venezuelan women didn’t wear very much, but they always seemed to be keen to wear less.

Also forgot about Uber driver donations.

Seven Condoms: The story Behind Operation Gideon
    Sounds like a goot book title.

Participant

What I have a hard time with is the “ya, we knew the Venezuelan government knew about it, but we went and tried it anyways…” aspect of it all.  Just go ahead and waltz into the ambush THAT YOU KNEW ABOUT.  Geez.  And, I would expect a former Operator to vet his employer just a little bit more, maybe get some honest to goodness assurances when things started to sound hinky…

I thought it was funny and then wondered if it was a red flag when Jordan went out on a boat which broke down, got rescued and dropped off in Florida. Convieniently unable to rejoin the group for the operation.

Participant

What I have a hard time with is the “ya, we knew the Venezuelan government knew about it, but we went and tried it anyways…” aspect of it all. Just go ahead and waltz into the ambush THAT YOU KNEW ABOUT. Geez. And, I would expect a former Operator to vet his employer just a little bit more, maybe get some honest to goodness assurances when things started to sound hinky…

I guess the idea was that, knowing that they know that they know that they know, they wouldn’t be EXPECTING it.

I thought it was funny and then wondered if it was a red flag when Jordan went out on a boat which broke down, got rescued and dropped off in Florida. Convieniently unable to rejoin the group for the operation.

Don’t you mean false flag?

The operation reminded me of the Yankee Hankee episode of King of the Hill.

Participant

Ah yes, the news can often supply some excellent scenario ideas.  I remember in the 90s trying to come up with an original scenario for a leadership field exercise when the BBC reported on the British contingent in Bosnia trying to get a consignment of bull semen through Serbian lines into Sarajevo, in order to impregnate a herd of cows there and thus make more cows to feed the starving inhabitants… That scenario just wrote itself…

The brim-full bucket of wallpaper-paste was a particularly nice touch, I thought…

My wargames blog: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/

Participant

American private Military company, oh you mean mercenaries….

<p style=”font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 25px !important;”>I thought it was funny and then wondered if it was a red flag when Jordan went out on a boat which broke down, got rescued and dropped off in Florida. Convieniently unable to rejoin the group for the operation.</p>

<p style=”font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 20px !important;”>Don’t you mean false flag?</p>
    <p style=”font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 20px !important;”>The operation reminded me of the Yankee Hankee episode of King of the Hill.</p>
    <p style=”font-size: 16px !important;”>

</p>
    No, not false flag. I was thinking Jordan intentionally ditched his boat to get back to the US and used social distancing as an excuse so he can tell teh toerhes to go ahead with the ops and don’t take part himself.

Participant

Something on the BBC about this today, I particularly enjoyed the title:

‘Bay of Piglets’: A ‘bizarre’ plot to capture a president

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Participant

I’m sure it’ll be a Netflix original movie soon.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.