Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Something To Listen To While Painting Xenomorphs?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Cacique Caribe
    Participant

I’m dusting off a batch of some 20 or so primed xenomorphs* that I want to finally paint up properly.

Coincidentally, I just found this short fan fiction story, presumably told from the point of view of Newt:

Then I found this creepy “alien hive” sounds/music piece:

QUESTION

So … what stories (or perhaps music, “ASMR” tracks, etc) do you have playing in the background when you paint your Aliens, Marines or LV-426 Colonists, or even when you make terrain for them?

Thanks

* Though mine happen to be 15mm (Khurasan), my question has nothing to do with the size or scale you might be painting or playing, which is why I’ve posted my question in the General Sci Fi board.

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

Geof Downton
    Participant

Hawkwind!

(But I listen to Hawkwind whatever I’m painting…)

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

warwell
    Participant

Metroid

Mike
    Keymaster

“Something To Listen To While Painting Xenomorphs?”

Excuse me sir, a what?

Kitfox
    Participant

It’s a bug hunt.

Death to all fanatics!

Stephen Madjanovich
    Participant

Fingernails on a chalkboard. Just something to get you the right feel!

Mike
    Keymaster

It’s a bug hunt.

😀

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

The various audible Alien productions have been fun. The one for the unproduced Alien 3 movie script even has michael Biehn voicing Hicks!

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

The various audible Alien productions have been fun. The one for the unproduced Alien 3 movie script even has michael Biehn voicing Hicks!

”Various audible Alien productions”?  Please tell us more.  I’m intrigued.  Is it something more than simply having the movies playing in the background?

Thanks

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

”Various audible Alien productions”? Please tell us more. I’m intrigued. Is it something more than simply having the movies playing in the background?

Thanks

Hi Cacique,

Audible has a number of audio drama productions of different Aliens media—some of the novels from the universe, plus a few original audio-plays. They have large casts (often with a big-name included—Michael Biehn, Rutger Hauer, etc), sound effects, music. It’s like listening to a movie or TV show but optimized to not need the visual component.

Here’s the one for Alien 3—this is based on the unproduced movie script for Alien 3 by William Gibson, which among other things kept Hicks alive and includes stuff about Weyland Yutani and the Colonial Marines’ enemies, a Warsaw Pact-in-space force: https://www.audible.com/pd/Alien-III-Audiobook/B07QY3KR81

I wouldn’t describe any of the Alien universe novels or audio shows as 1st class high-art, or as good as Alien or Aliens, but they are for the most part entertaining and in case of Alien 3, it was a damned delight hearing Biehn voice Hicks.

Mike
    Keymaster

Oooh I have Audible credits. May have a listen.

Cacique Caribe
    Participant

I don’t have Audible, but now I must look into it.

Thanks!

Dan

javelin98
    Participant

There’s a group called “Two Steps from Hell” that does a lot of videogame and movie soundtrack work.  They have tons of great mood music for gaming.

It could be that the purpose of your life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Thuseld
    Participant

Astralthrob on YouTube makes sort of like cyberpunk mixes that are pretty cool and good to paint to. But more often than not I am painting while watching TV with my wife.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.