Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Sound the Reveille II

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

Yes, in just a few days I will be at my local show HERE

Come and have fun!

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Will see you there Michael as it’s a good place to catch up with friends, see lots of toy soldiers etc and be tempted by far too many things!

Marshal SinCere
    Participant

Looking forward to it! Not sure what to expect but I’m sure I’ll meet some interesting people. See you tomorrow.

Mick A
    Participant

I’ll be there running a Dads Army participation game 🙂

DM
    Participant

For me Reveille has come and gone, and what a great few hours I had there. Its not the biggest show in the world but thats not why I go, its a great opportunity to meet my wargaming chums. And this year I spent so long chatting and catching up with friends, many of whom I haven’t seen for some time, that I hardly had any time for shopping just a splurge on the new YT-2400 for X Wing and some bits and bobs for my 20mm Burma Skirmish).

Looking forward to next year’s show already 🙂

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Spent just under two hours there, having a gentle wander around and catching up with friends etc. Didn’t really get a good look at the demo games due to the nature of the layout, but they looked good this year. Treated myself to a steamtank/armoured car for my IHMN Brick Lane Commune Company from Ironclad Miniatures. Seeing their stuff in the flesh makes a big difference as they have a wonderful range of figures, especially for Victorian Sci-Fi. Could have bought more stuff but had my sensible hat on as I’m trying to dent my lead mountain before Xmas!

DM
    Participant

I just updated my blog with some pics and other stuff from the show 🙂

http://dtbsam.blogspot.co.uk/

Guy Farrish
    Participant

I saw Steve and Michael at Reveille II today which was great and a lot of other people I seem to see very rarely these days. I should have a lot more time on my hands these days to get out and game but it doesn’t seem to work out like that. I had a friend along today who has just started getting back into wargaming and he really enjoyed the show too. That did mean that my meanderings were a little less structured than usual however and I missed playing John and Michael Curry’s ‘strange’ (their description not mine) medieval game. Everyone who did get a seat at the table looked as if they were enjoying it even if it seemed to last a little longer than some of John’s usual games at Bristol. I will have to sit down and work out what I meant to buy and forgot and then think about what I am going to do with the things I did buy although I didn’t want them when I set out. I need to make a list and stick to it.

Thanks everyone involved and good to see you all again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.