Home Forums Modern Source for 15mm Afghan/Mujahideen Casualty figures?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone is aware of a source for 15mm Afghan/Mudahideen casualty figures?  I am looking  for figs for use during the war with the Soviets or more recent conflicts.

Thanks,

irishserb

Participant

None that I know of. But you could get the Command Decisions Afghan’s cut them off their bases and kinda flatten them.

Participant

Yeah.  I guess in a worst case, it would work, but sounds like more work than I was hoping for.  Mostly, I’m only doing this for a better visual effect  on the table and in photos.  In many of my games, I need to leave the casualties  on the board.  It has to do with weapon recovery, wounds v. kills, recovery of officers, etc.  It varies with the game.   And the tipped over figs just don’t look great, particularly in pix for AARs and whatnot.  They actually don’t bother me as much during the game.

I’ll have to look around and see if there are maybe some WWI or colonial casualties that might sort of work.  I’m thinking that I could cut the occasional AK off of spare figs and base it with earlier period casualties to make them fit better.

Participant

I was also thinking you might be able to get some casualty figures for earlier periods. To me, modern Taliban fighters look the same as earlier period Afghan fighters. And dropped AK’s and RPGs make sense.
    Otherwise, as Kyoteblue says, go get your wire cutters and hammer 

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Participant

I might be able to make 2-3 poses and get them to Chas – he is about to do a load of moulding.

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Participant

Geoff,  That would be cool.  Looking forward to see what other things you guys are prepping.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.