Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Space Squid

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Now I have crashed and burned in the January Competition, I have this urge to release this Cephalopod Arnold Rimmer on the world.

I don’t really do SF (I’m still tinkering with an idea about a class war/green(? in space?) v industry milieu in 6mm involving macrophage aliens  – trust me it makes more sense than it sounds! Probably) but I made this character some time ago in response to a Frothers competition.

My sculpting and painting lag well behind my ideas, so after he was made he sat on a shelf for a few years until the January Comp reminded me of his existence. That wasn’t a sculpting competition, so I thought he could have a swing at that. He isn’t 6mm. I suppose if anything he’s 28ish but then what size is a real Space Squid Shuttle pilot?

He is supposed to be someone/thing you would see at a Space Hub – sort of Mos Eisley meets Gatwick.

I have no idea what he will do now – probably retire to the shelf but I thought I’d share him with you. He could have been a contender!

I was rooting for him, to be honest. I like the concept a lot and wish I had my own version of him. He looks like he’d be right at home in the A7D12 range from Zombiesmith.

Participant

What scale is he?  Might send a note to some manf. in that scale and see if they’d be interested.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Yes, he matches Zombiesmith’s style well.

Participant

Thanks, much appreciated.

He’s 27mm from base to eye, and if anyone wants to produce him they are very welcome!

I’m just happy some othe people like him to be honest.

Cheers!

Participant

Don’t take this wrong, because I really do mean it in the nicest way possible, but that looks like a Quar whose mom took thalidomide. 🙂 So yes to it being a regular at a space bar.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

I think I’m going to take that as a compliment.

(If only I knew what a Quar was).

Participant

I really thought this guy would win. I really like both the concept and the sculpt.

Participant

I think I’m going to take that as a compliment. (If only I knew what a Quar was).

The Quar are the line of sci-fi ardvarks that made Zombiesmith famous.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.