Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Spaceships from my bits box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Here are some kit-bashed space ships I’ve made to use in games of Rail Gun.  They are made from stuff from my bits box, mostly 40k weapons but also pieces from other models.  I have another 8 waiting for paint and plan to build more.  They attach by magnet to my simple nail-and-base flight stands. Thanks for looking!

Thuseld
    Participant

Those look great. I suppose the only issue with kit bashing starships is the possible lack of consistency. If you want to create a certain class of ship, then it is difficult to build more of them.

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Yeah, I’m usually limited to about 4 in a class.  The heavy cruiser is a one-off, for instance, because the main hull of the ship is an FW-190 fuselage.

I take some solace from the fact that even in WWII there were lots of variations in ship type. In some of the Guadalcanal battles, the Americans might have had 4 destroyers in an engagement from 4 different classes. Of course the differences in those ships are much more subtle than the differences in my ships (2 stacks vs 3 stacks, instead of my Bolt Gun instead of Lasgun ship).

Mr. Average
    Participant

I was going to say, it’s just as easy to claim that building a starship is such an undertaking that no two are precisely the same, and that classing in the naval sense doesn’t follow for spacecraft. At least that’s a way to rationalize.

Very cool models, I’ll say!

Angel Barracks

OOOOH they are nice.

Maybe an AAR or Rail Gun is needed?

😉

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

They look very nice!

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Noel
    Participant

Good stuff!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.