Home Forums Modern Spectre Operations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carojoncarojon
    Participant

I enjoyed a game of Spectre Operations over the Xmas break, with friends, pitting US Army Rangers against all sorts of foes as they battled to rescue the President.

In a game where identifying friend from foe was not as simple as you would prefer, the bullets and grenades flew in this desperate rescue mission.

If you would like to know more then just follow the link to JJ’s

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2020/01/spectre-operations-xmas-2019-game.html

JJ

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Great looking game!  Lots of good action there.  Kind of surprised at the contractors actions though, I mean that’s a HUGE blackmark against them as well as loss of the objective which would have been sort of world shattering.  (guess it’d only have an effect if a campaign game)  Seems like some pretty cool rules, a buddy really likes them so I will let him build up forces and then play with his toys!

Did you get a low-down on who the contractors actually worked for, or was that irrelevant?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Colin Brett
    Participant

Hi,

That’s a big table. I thought Spectre Operations was designed for 3×3 tables. Or is it easy to scale up? It was a great battle report. Thanks for posting it.

I’ve only just bought the rules and am slowly getting into them. The book is very nicely produced and the rules look quite easy, perhaps deceptively so.

May I ask what forces were used, in terms of factions, numbers and load-out?

Thanks,

Colin

Charles Carter
    Participant

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your comments.  The game was easy to scale up as we had 4 players, so need the extra space to deploy (although most of the action was in one corner.  I have played several games and found the larger table better as it makes it possible to out manoeuvre each other. The secret is to have lots of scenery to break up line of sight.  Unit size needs to be kept small as its hard to keep abreast of what’s going on, rules are simple but there is a lot of details.

Units used

Spectre Rangers, Professionals (3” Cohesion)
    1 Sergeant COB Carbine with red dot, torch and laser. Body armour and Night Vision
    Pistol Frag and Smoke
    1 Ranger DMR with red dot, suppressor and laser. Body armour and Night Vision
    Pistol Frag and Smoke
    1 Ranger Compact LMG. Body armour and Night Vision
    Pistol Frag and Smoke
    1 Ranger Carbine with red dot, torch, laser and UGL. Body armour and Night Vision
    Pistol Frag and Smoke
    2 Ranger Carbine with red dot, torch, laser. Body armour and Night Vision
    Pistol Frag and Smoke

Spectre Cartel
    1 Shot Caller Pistol CCW 2 Soldato Machine Pistol CCW 1 Soldato Compact LMG CCW 1 Soldato RPG CCW 1 Soldato Pirate Gun CCW 7 Soldato Assault Rifle CCW

Spectre Kill Team (2” Cohesion)
    1 Sergeant Carbine with red dot, torch and laser.
    Pistol Frag and Smoke
    5 Soldier, one has trauma kit.
    AK74 scope,red dot and laser. Frag and Smoke
    1 Soldier LMG with scope. Pistol 1 Soldier MANPADS Pistol

Spectre Conscripts (2” Cohesion)
    Sergeant, with Body Armour
    Assault Rifle Frag and Smoke
    5 x Soldiers, with Body Armour, one with trauma kit
    Assault Rifle Frag and Smoke
    Soldier, with Body Armour
    M249 MMG, Scope
    Soldier with Body armour
    RPG 7
    BMP2, 2 crew AFV Cannon& MMG

Hope above is of some help.

Chas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.