28/02/2019 at 09:31 #110039
I tried Squad Hammer Core (solo) and had great fun! Just two questions from the first games:
28/02/2019 at 11:03 #110058
- Close Combat: is Damage in CC subject to modifiers (+/-) as in ranged attacks?
- Defend order: I suppose that the unit can move (away) only when executing the order, not in subsequent turns?
- Close Combat has its own table of modifiers (page 14).
- When you assign an order to a unit, the relative actions are taken during the current turn. (I’m not sure if I got your question)
And, are you another Italian fan of Nordic Weasel? : )28/02/2019 at 12:15 #110061
Hi, yes I am from Italy 🙂
28/02/2019 at 12:21 #110062
- so a reduction of Damage for armour or similar, does not apply to CC?
- ok got it… so the “Defend” mode is removed if in the subsequent turn, the Squad move away again (this was my doubt)
- I guess Ivan wanted to keep it the simplest possible. You can apply the modifier after the damage if you feel it is important.
- I get your question now. The token for Defend is placed because it influences the attack of an “enemy” unit. [s]It is cleared after the turn ends.[/s]
Here’s Turin, where are you from?
[EDIT]28/02/2019 at 14:24 #110063
Udine here 🙂
I see… I thought that units kept the Defence status until moved (for example because withdrawing from a CC) or given a new (different) order?
Otherwise if Player B gives a Defence order, there can not be attacks from Player A in that turn, so no need to mark it?
Or did I miss something?
Btw I assume that units with a Regroup order don’t move at all, right? (I can’t find it in the rules)28/02/2019 at 14:47 #110066
You’re right that the defend token is not removed at the end of the turn! (It’s my fault two times to check these things art work because I’m doing a terrible job at both!)
Anyway, now that we cleared that, I can answer your original qiestion: Yes I do believe that the move in the Defend Order is only in the turn the order is given. And about your last message: player B should put the token anyway, because the defending status is active until the unit moves again.
Regroup order doesn’t allow movement.
This time I shouldn’t have messed up……hopefully.28/02/2019 at 14:57 #110070
Ok thank you! It makes all sense now… Squad Hammer Core is a fun game, I love it28/02/2019 at 15:54 #110074Ivan SorensenParticipant
Greetings to our Italian friends 🙂
I think Neuzd handled the questions.
To elaborate on the close combat thing:
I don’t make any modifications to close combat damage.
If you have a unit that would be very hard to damage, I’d probably rather apply a +/- to the close combat roll instead.
A squad armed only with hand grenades against a heavy tank probably need to be pretty lucky to do any damage, so I’d give the tank a +1 or even +2.
If the tank wins, the squad failed to find a weak point and took some casualties from MG fire as they retreated
Hope that helps clarify!01/03/2019 at 10:22 #110118
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.