28/02/2019 at 09:31 #110039
I tried Squad Hammer Core (solo) and had great fun! Just two questions from the first games:
28/02/2019 at 11:03 #110058
- Close Combat: is Damage in CC subject to modifiers (+/-) as in ranged attacks?
- Defend order: I suppose that the unit can move (away) only when executing the order, not in subsequent turns?
- Close Combat has its own table of modifiers (page 14).
- When you assign an order to a unit, the relative actions are taken during the current turn. (I’m not sure if I got your question)
And, are you another Italian fan of Nordic Weasel? : )28/02/2019 at 12:15 #110061
Hi, yes I am from Italy 🙂
28/02/2019 at 12:21 #110062
- so a reduction of Damage for armour or similar, does not apply to CC?
- ok got it… so the “Defend” mode is removed if in the subsequent turn, the Squad move away again (this was my doubt)
- I guess Ivan wanted to keep it the simplest possible. You can apply the modifier after the damage if you feel it is important.
- I get your question now. The token for Defend is placed because it influences the attack of an “enemy” unit.
It is cleared after the turn ends.
Here’s Turin, where are you from?
28/02/2019 at 14:24 #110063
- This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by neuzd. Reason: Striked wrong information
Udine here 🙂
I see… I thought that units kept the Defence status until moved (for example because withdrawing from a CC) or given a new (different) order?
Otherwise if Player B gives a Defence order, there can not be attacks from Player A in that turn, so no need to mark it?
Or did I miss something?
Btw I assume that units with a Regroup order don’t move at all, right? (I can’t find it in the rules)
28/02/2019 at 14:47 #110066
- This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Daniele V.
You’re right that the defend token is not removed at the end of the turn! (It’s my fault two times to check these things art work because I’m doing a terrible job at both!)
Anyway, now that we cleared that, I can answer your original qiestion: Yes I do believe that the move in the Defend Order is only in the turn the order is given. And about your last message: player B should put the token anyway, because the defending status is active until the unit moves again.
Regroup order doesn’t allow movement.
This time I shouldn’t have messed up……hopefully.28/02/2019 at 14:57 #110070
Ok thank you! It makes all sense now… Squad Hammer Core is a fun game, I love it28/02/2019 at 15:54 #110074Ivan SorensenParticipant
Greetings to our Italian friends 🙂
I think Neuzd handled the questions.
To elaborate on the close combat thing:
I don’t make any modifications to close combat damage.
If you have a unit that would be very hard to damage, I’d probably rather apply a +/- to the close combat roll instead.
A squad armed only with hand grenades against a heavy tank probably need to be pretty lucky to do any damage, so I’d give the tank a +1 or even +2.
If the tank wins, the squad failed to find a weak point and took some casualties from MG fire as they retreated
Hope that helps clarify!
Nordic Weasel Games
https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse570101/03/2019 at 10:22 #110118
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.