Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Squadhammer Options Pack- Transforms the game for me…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Snoddy
    Participant

You can see an AAR of a game I had today here: https://www.facebook.com/podsy.mcpod/media_set?set=a.1043493935816030.1073741937.100004662996955&type=3

Ivan any chance of looking at the army lists again to include some of the stuff from the options pack?  Any idea what rating vehicle armour as fragile or heavily armoured does to points?  Similarly what rating a weapon as hopeless, weak or strong does to points?

We already played a slight variant to spotting and to hit rolls.  For every piece of terrain a line of fire went through the required spotting number went up by 1 to a max of firing at a concealed target.  Similarly each piece of terrain fire passed through put up the cover category by one band.  So firing across a wall but where the target was not directly behind it moved the cover class from open to spotty cover.

Suffice to say we had a fantastic game, I love the options.

Mike
    Keymaster

Slight deviation, sorry…
    Are those alien plants melted straws?

Tim Snoddy
    Participant

No Mike from Critical Mass games back in the day.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Glad you liked the options!

We’re talking a lot about the points system right now, since it’s pretty universally agreed that it needs some tweaking.

I’d like to make it a lot simpler in particular. The “damage slider” will be fitted into the rules properly this week if I can find the time, so then the points values can be worked around that.

I dig the idea of each terrain feature adding to the target number. Makes perfect sense and makes a dense table a lot more fun to play on.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.