Home Forums WWII Stalingrad tram

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Monty Bob
    Participant

I found this sweet little kit from Warbases..

It’s a very well observed laser cut kit based on a WW2 era Soviet tram (1.56 scale)

So assembled out of the box you get this..

Although it does include an electric pick-up for the roof – it’s way to heavy in 2mm mdf, so I immediately discarded that.

So then I just went to town with a bunch of plastic rod and card and detailed it up, making my own pick-up and adding handrails and driver mirrors etc.

Finally, paint of course and add some clear plastic to the windows (I left the roof removable so I could do this last).  For decals I just browsed my unused tank decal sheets for numbers and a I found a couple of eagle motifs that look groovy for the sides.

I think the Stalingrad tram may have been red and yellow but I didn’t want such a garish terrain piece on an otherwise quite subdued board, so I chose instead the nice green and cream scheme which may be more appropriate for Moscow though I’m not sure, but I like it.

For reference, here are some real images.

Mike
    Keymaster

That is not a bad kit at all.
    But you have made it so much better with the mods and that excellent paintjob!!

404: service not found?

deephorse
    Participant

That is excellent modelling.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Monty Bob
    Participant

I just got the 404 reference..  took me a while 😆

Norm S
    Participant

Superb, thanks for all of the pictures.

Thuseld
    Participant

That is a stunning looking kit. You have done a great job.

McKinstry
    Participant

The kit is very nice. The modeling and painting to bring it to life is fantastic.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.