Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi STAR SCHLOCK: Figures and rules for B-movie adventures from the 70s and 80s

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    john sears
    Participant

Hello there fellow miniature enthusiasts! I’ve been working on a set of miniatures and rules for sci-fi gaming that draws inspiration from the films, television and comics of the 70s and 80s. I finally have the project in shape to start bringing it to Kickstarter and I thought I’d give you a heads up in case you’d be interested in this sort of thing.

I’ll be producing some sci-fi troops first:

But I have half a dozen other singles that will be available as add-ons:

f this sounds like your sort of thing, I encourage you to sign up for updates on my website. Happy gaming!

Mike
    Keymaster

Ha!!

They are cool and website is cool too!
    Fair play!

Thomaston
    Participant

That skirt is waaaaaaaaaay too short to be regulations.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

john sears
    Participant

Ah, well that’s from her daring days at the space cadet academy when she bucked authority and flouted regulations. She settled down once she was posted to the frontier:

Mike6t3
    Participant

I like the look of these….rather tempting.

Get there fastest with the mostest and roll highest.

Mike

fairoaks024
    Participant

Signed up.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Man there are things here I really like.  I’ve been trying to NOT get into 28mm… this does not help! 

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

telzy amber
    Participant

Wasn’t there a set of SF rules named Star Schlock from the 80s?

john sears
    Participant

Wasn’t there a set of SF rules named Star Schlock from the 80s?

Not that I’m aware of, but I’d love to hear more. Do you have any additional info?

Sane Max
    Participant

Are those…. Paranoia Vulture Troopers? (Drool) or did Paranoia rip off a schlock series I am not aware of?

Mike
    Keymaster

Are those…. Paranoia Vulture Troopers? (Drool) or did Paranoia rip off a schlock series I am not aware of?

Sounds like conspiracy citizen?

Sane Max
    Participant

quote quote=153330]

Sounds like conspiracy citizen?[/quote]

I would never contradict or nay-say you, Friend Michaelputer. I was in fact attempting to lure Citizen John-R-Sears into divulging Treasonous Activity as part of an ongoing investigation of which I am entirely certain you are already aware – in fact, I now feel foolish in having said this, as I am serenely sure you already knew that, nothing ever escaping you. Have you done something with your Monitors? They look particularly lovely today.

Mike
    Keymaster

😀 😀

john sears
    Participant

Thee figures are inspired from a number of 70s and 80s design sources. Paranoia’s aesthetic is an influence, but they are not direct copies. But if you need some figures to defend friend Computer, or protect a princess on a diplomatic mission, or lay down their lives to halt an oldhammer “Waaagh!”, these are your boys.

Of course, they are also perfect for a game of Star Schlock, but those rules are still above your security clearance at the moment. 🙂

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

What is really funny about this is that as soon as I saw them I thought “these guys would be great for playing “V” from the 80’s, or perhaps that old 40k/Paranoia crossover scenario from White Dwarf called “Vulture Warriors From Dimension X Meet Plenty Of Happy Orcs With Plasma Canon”!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

john sears
    Participant

Just a quick note to let you know the Kickstarter for these figures is now live.

I’ve also updated the website for Star Schlock with tidbits about the rules and wider universe as well. I’d love to send you some minis in the mail, and these guys would be happy to plunder star graves, hunt for heretics or get sliced up my space wizards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.