Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Star Wars Command figures

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Whilst shopping in Tesco’s today saw these, I just had to buy them ostensibly got them for Christmas presents for my granddaughter.  I have not played sci/fi for 20 years plus but I can see me buying some more to paint up, they are nice figures.(wish somebody would does this quality of plastic figures in 18th century, I can dream).   Anybody got any ideas for a god sci/fi skirmish rule set.

I think £5 for 9, 54mm figures is a good price.

sf

3 Blokes with binoculars, useful FOO.

Participant

Ooh, will have to see if these have reached us in deepest darkest Africa yet. Thanks.

Rules: The old West End Games Star Wars miniatures battles is not the most popular, but I like it. Most of the scenarios need 20 to 40 figures per side.
    Also been thinking of checking out Five Parsecs From Home for a Star Wars skirmish campaign.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Participant

Are there Rebel packs available, too?

Are they a paintable hard plastic or softer one like the old Airfix figures?

Andrew

Participant

WH, could you also please post the EAN/barcode, as this might make it easier for those of us who want to, to trace the items.

Participant

Here you go Paul, hope this helps.

Andrew I have had a quick look they are a very hard plastic.  “Hope my granddaughter is not going to be to heart broken that I have opened one packet” (I’ll have to glue it back).

Cosmotiger there were no rebels in these packs but there are rebel figures in other packs that come with star ships, type in “Hasbro star wars command” and you will see what they have.

Participant
    Participant

There’s a thread about this on the Lead Adventure Forum (Future Adventures board) with some painted examples, and they really look good. Can’t provide a link because I’m on my phone.

Participant
    Participant

That’s the one. “Future Wars”, not “Future Adventures”.

Participant

Nice.

You should tell your granddaughter to buy some for you for Xmas.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Participant

“Patrice” could not do that as she likes to surprise me with my crimbo prezzy.

I can feel an emergency food shop to Tesco tonight or tomorrow coming on, or dear how did they fall in the trolley

William, thanks for checking. Think they’ll be good practice pieces for trainee young figure painters who like anything Star Wars! Hope the glue works and you don’t get in too much trouble with the granddaughter!

Andrew

Participant

Is there anything out there that these guys match up with, size wise?

My kid would love a pile of these and he’s expressed interest in painting mini’s.

Participant

What are you looking to match up? As long as you can get Rebels and Imperials, you don’t need much else. The LAF link mentions compatible vehicles, and there again you don’t really need much: at that size, I doubt I would be putting more than one vehicle per side on the table.

Participant

I’m off to the local(ish) Toys’R’Us today to see if they have any… 🙂

Participant

They had the bigger sets but none of the smaller ones. It looks like the AT-ST’s, X-Wings and TIE Fighters may do for 15mm…

Participant

Mick try Smyths toy store they have them cheaper than Tesco.

Participant

Bought this box from Smyth’s toy shop for £7.49 Tesco is selling the same for £10.00p.

I also cut some plastic of the bases and tried several glues, UHU works well, Superglue does not appear too, Liquid polly not by its self but a polly glop works (Liquid polly with plastic shavings to make a glop).

Some photo’s of the figure size, I hope this gives you some idea.  I have not painted Sci / fi for 20 + years but these figure inspire me, plus my granddaughter and me watch Star Wars Rebels, Lego and any other Star Wars stuff.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.