Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming Star wars pew pew shooting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Star Wars: Tales from the galaxy’s edge, is a Quest exclusive title so I had to put on my rather uncomfortable Quest 2 to play it, it actually quite painful after having used the super comfortable G2 for a year.

You are an anonymous engineer, who gets dragged into trouble, galactic gangsters are after you, you fight them and mercenaries. Do quests ranging from helping 3CPO and R2D2, to finding ingredients to make a fancy cocktail.

Here I am quite far into the game, but I haven’t played it for like year. So I didn’t remember how to do stuff. Luckily VR is often quite intuitive as you are manipulating stuff with your hands. There aren’t a lot of buttons to remember, as most is done with gripping and holding stuff.

And I save space Puffins

Participant

The disembodied hands take me out of the immersion. I do love a good blaster though. The one you start with looks really sleek and nice.

The disembodied hands take me out of the immersion. I do love a good blaster though. The one you start with looks really sleek and nice.

It’s a shame only a few VR games give you full arms. It is much more noticeable when just watching the video than when you play,  you generally notice it if there is a lull, and you end up standing around.

The reason why most VR games don’t have full arms is that since there are no trackers for the arms, full arms often go loopy, do knots around themselves,  stretch or go otherwise rubber. As arm and leg tracking becomes more normal (as in much much cheaper) more games will add full arms.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.