Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Starport Scum Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gone Fishing
    Participant

I picked up NW’s Starport Scum the other day and have been enjoying looking through the rules. I’m impressed, to put it mildly, and am very much looking forward to trying some test games this weekend.

One question has come up, however. When a character is pinned, is he allowed to fire? Under Firing (p 17) it says he cannot, but then, under Pinning, it only says that when pinned all actions lose a die – and since firing is an action…Then, in a play through video on Youtube, the chap does it the second way: figures CAN fire, but lose a die. So I’m confused.

Any thoughts from experienced players? Thank you in advance!

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

It’s not written so clear.
    Its intended to mean “Cannot fire, can take other actions at minus one die”.

That being said, I know from emails I’ve gotten that some people allow firing at minus one for aces and heroes or for all characters.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Hi Ivan,

Thank you kindly for clearing that up. Honestly, the idea of having heroes and aces dodging the effects of a pin sounds rather good, but I’ll playtest all options over the weekend. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again,

Daryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.