Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Starship Gaming

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

6mm sci-fi skirmish is about all I have made/sold the last 5 years or so..

Thuseld
    Participant

well I hadn’t htought of 6mm SKIRMISH games… but I guess it’d be easier to do an entire station or ship!

Check out some threads on the 6mm forum. There are some great 6mm skirmishes going on there.

Evyn MacDude
    Participant

“Firefly” keeps wanting to push me into a new period

cough, 6mm, cough, 6mm….

Do the Character figures then….

Evyn

The_Beast
    Participant

Yeah, well, I just asked for a ‘Spaceships in Space’ board because I think skirmish ON ships is appropriate for other boards. I see such a hope is pointless. Someone will always screw it up. No offense intended, AB.

Much as it hurts, I have to leap to SFB’s defense on the ‘stop engines, stop moving.’ Star Trek has long had ‘maintain warp (bubble) to maintain movement.’

Ends up being a tactical FTL system, of course.

I tend to defend FT’s maintain ships’ orientation as you have to keep the ship pointed that way to build the delta velocity (speed and direction) over the course of the turn, but that does fall to the fact that only half the delta should be applied to that turn.

Doug

Edit: *blush* When will I learn not to start a post, get side-tracked, then finish and submit without checking for new messages. Please forgive first line.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by The_Beast.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by The_Beast.
    James Manto
    Participant

I did say that really I was being tempted by TWO different periods; space ship actions and SF skirmish

but unifying them with a single background would be ideal

Evyn MacDude
    Participant

Yeah, well, I just asked for a ‘Spaceships in Space’ board because I think skirmish ON ships is appropriate for other boards.

Space Naval Combat, I would go for such a board.

Much as it hurts, I have to leap to SFB’s defense on the ‘stop engines, stop moving.’ Star Trek has long had ‘maintain warp (bubble) to maintain movement.’ Ends up being a tactical FTL system, of course.

My only problem with SFB is the lack of a construction system.

I tend to defend FT’s maintain ships’ orientation as you have to keep the ship pointed that way to build the delta velocity (speed and direction) over the course of the turn, but that does fall to the fact that only half the delta should be applied to that turn.

Honestly FT cinematic Movement is a good system as well, I find is a good stand in for Warp Drives myself.

Evyn

Evyn MacDude
    Participant

I did say that really I was being tempted by TWO different periods; space ship actions and SF skirmish but unifying them with a single background would be ideal

While I am not sure I would use the the term Periods for Ship and ground actions in the same milieu. I completely understand the want for rules that mesh with each other.

Evyn

The_Beast
    Participant

Both the RPG Falling Stars spaceship game Noble Armada and Star Fleet Battles have moderately abstract ‘boarding’ rules that wouldn’t take a lot to flesh out with intra-ship combat.

I’d have to dig it out to be sure, but I think the board game Battlestations had that reversed.

Doug

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.