Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Starting New 6mm – Post-Apocalyptic Car Combat Project

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Some initial thoughts on doing some 6mm Post-Apocalyptic Car Combat, using Microworld, Irregular and some stuff from Heroics and Ros.  Using the Road Wolf rules. About halfway down the blog entry, hope it is of some interest.

More here https://rollaone.com/2017/11/02/i-am-the-out-of-controller-reflections-a-kickstarter-and-the-start-of-another-project-and-some-progress-on-an-old-one/

Participant

The car game sounds great, I enjoyed the rest of the blog post too.  🙂

Participant

Cool stuff !!!

I look forward to seeing those Microworld and Irregular vehicles duking it out.

That little stretch of roadway looks cracking.

Can’t wait to see more, do post any follow ups here please.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Participant

Victoria and Stroezle! Thanks for your kind comments – will let you know how things work out.  It is sometimes difficult to find a project that get both the Little One and I feeling equally enthusiastic – for some reason the post-apocalyptic world seems to be one common interest – long live dystopia! 😉

Participant

ill be following this project with interest as I tried something similar using the Car Wars rules but then remembered how clunky they are, here are some the cars I did a few years back: https://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/mini-mad-max-6mm-post-apoc-vehicles.html

also if you search for “Noch N gauge road tape” you might find it useful for quick and simple roads

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

I’m in the same mood myself!  I picked up a few packs of the Microworld wasteland cars, and they’re great!  Perfect for either Car Wars or Dark Future, and if all goes to plan, for Gaslands later this month.

Your roads look great!  Can’t wait to see more!

Participant

Thanks for the kind comments – I have painted a few “factions” already and had a go at the Road Wolf rules – worked great. The bonus is that I all set for Gaslands!  More here http://rollaone.com/2017/11/13/more-post-apocalypso-and-an-alternative-longish-jingle-for-meeples-and-miniatures/ .  All the best

Participant

Some stunning work there, and some great photos – the one of the Metalheads vehicles in particular looks like a whole heap of mean barrelling down the Freeway……

I am really interested in seeing how this project develops, as it has always been one of my favourite ‘back burner/never got started’ ideas to do Car Wars in 3-D; am particularly keen to hear about your take on the size comparisons between the vehicles available, particularly the excellent new Microworld stuff.

Participant

Agreed, some very fine machines from a nice spread of manufacturers, always nice to see they go so well together, altough my wallet and S.O. might disagree 

The mob faction is my favourite so far, both for the vehicles and the paintjob. Good to see that the second wave wasteland vehicles are a bit beefier, I really like the first wave but they are a bit on the small side of things.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Participant

Stroezle and Steelonsand, I will do a size comparison in a separate post this coming weekend, and yes the new Microworld cars are bigger than the old ones. All the best and thanks for your feedback!

Participant

Damn, I’m going to get distracted into another project, I can feel the irresistible urge…

What would be the road size for this in 15mm?

Participant

Victoria, Sorry did not see this until now.

If you do it in 15mm as opposed to 1:64 (Matchbox/Hot Wheels), and assuming 15mm is 1/100, gives the following measures for the board (rounding up).

1. Road Width – 1ocm
    2. Road length – 78cm
    3. Board width (with the rough around the road) – 39cm

All the best

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.