Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force Stats For ZBD 05

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Doing a campaign with China and am looking for help coming up with stats for the ZBD 05 IFV.  The vehicle is not listed in the Force on Force motor pool so any help is appreciated.

Participant

I think it’s not wrong to assume to have the characteristics of le latest versions of the Bradley. The gun is a derivative of the 30mm Shipunov 2A42, then you can use the characteristics of the BMP2 gun.

These are my thoughts. There are not too much infos about the armor.

Participant

Thanks maggico, that’s pretty much what I was thinking of doing so I’m glad it seems reasonable.  I wasn’t sure if I was missing something.

Participant

Doing a campaign with China and am looking for help coming up with stats for the ZBD 05 IFV.  The vehicle is not listed in the Force on Force motor pool so any help is appreciated.

Know no real detail about this type other than what I see on Wiki – the US ERV was maybe going to be the closest comparison but they cancelled it, though suggestion is it would have had about twice the armour of the AAV, amongst other things !
    Armour by comparison –
    AAV-7A1: front 3D8; side 2D8; rear 2D6; deck 1D6.
    Up armoured: front 4D8; side 3D8; rear 3D6; deck 1D6.
    Bradley M3A3: front 3D10; side 2D10; rear 2D8; deck 1D6.
    BMP3: front 3D10; side 2D10; rear 2D8; deck 1D6.
    I think if you matched it to the latter two you’d be about on the money; match the gun stats to those of the BMP2 as suggested and you’d come up with something like this:

ZBD 05 IFV: 30mm cannon (AP3/AT2 M), ATGM (HJ-73C) (AP3/AT4 H) , 7.62MG co-ax, Armour front 3D10; side 2D10; rear 2D8; deck 1D6. 3 Crew + 8 pax. Amphibious; 30mm & ATGM cannot be fired at the same time.

Participant

I agree with Papasan. The only issue is its armour. Surely can withstand the 12,7 and 14,5 mm in the frontal arc. Don’t know if it can withstand higher calibre guns.

Participant

According to Wiki .. it has protection all round to 12.7mm & the front face of the turret is claimed to stop 25mm AP round at 1,000 metres.. but how reliable that is who knows! 😉

Participant

Thanks to you both!  Appreciate the advice.  Glad to have some numbers people think are reasonable even if we don’t know exactly how “accurate” everything is.

Participant

No worries, I like to help out, hopefully you can post a pic of it in action one day !  🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.