Home Forums General General Status Update

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

What you doing, how is it going?

Painting?
    Collecting?
    Playing?
    Other?
    A Combination?

For 25mm I am playing WFB 3rd edition, I am only using older GW models for my Stirland troops, but am using any models for my wife’s Undead as long as it looks about right in terms of vibe.
    Not bothered about collecting, I am just after models to use in games.
    Painting, but slowly.

For 10mm I am doing WFB 3rd edition, collecting wise this is now on hold as I have enough unpainted for years, and on hold too for playing at the moment due to the above 25mm.

Slaine is on hold as ain’t nobody got time for that.

Mordheim is dead and retired.

So just concentrating on the new 25mm WFB stuff which I am about 5 weeks into.

Participant

After a very long hiatus I am getting back into building and painting.

I am converting stacks of laser cut MDF into something resembling Roman buildings.

So far I have a small storehouse, a Taverna (or similar) and a small public garden plus 3 carts, which will be modelled without draught animals, built and ready to start painting.

On the building side thare’s a forica (public toilet), warehouse block, block of shops, a small house, a somewhat grander house, the corner of an insula, a set of scaffolding, a set of 8 market stalls and a slave sellers podium and cage still to go.

Once that lot are built and painted I need some citizens … and foreigners ….. and slaves!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Keymaster

That all sounds very cool. Any piccies of it thus far?

Participant

This must be what I heard about in my youth- “disenfranchised older people”.

I don’t even understand near all  of the acronyms or ‘names’ you’ve cited, but that may be based on your genre I guess.
    I’ve added comments on my status in various places, so I’ll not bore you with duplications__
    d

Keymaster

@Mike That all sounds very spiffing and world/locale buildery. Any piccies of wips etc?

Participant

After about 3 years, finally played another game with my 20mm WW2 collection.  Posted to my blog here.  Only a small battle on a 2’x2′ table but good to get them out again.

Participant

Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs all the way down…

Back to 15mm Khurasan dinos, because they won’t paint themselves and I’m annoyed that I can’t use them.

When I’ve finished them (!) it’ll be 10mm Magister Militum dinos, which I hurriedly bought when they announced their imminent closure.

Pictures soon!

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Participant

I’ve recently “finished” (nothing is ever finished) my 15mm WW2 desert project and my 20mm Persians and Parthians. Six box files full of stuff, and Tbh, I’m rather painted out so I’m trying to play more games.

I recently ran a couple of remote Kursk games, solo played Aspern Essling, Granicus, Issus and Gaugamela and played a couple of remote games with the gang. I’m putting on big operational game next week for a dozen players which is rather occupying all my mental space at the moment. I had to make some more terrain bits for that, and do some more aircraft and flight stands.

Light painting diversion is a WW2 Field Kitchen and some truck passengers.

All this stuff gets reported on my blog.

https://tgamesweplay.blogspot.com/

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Painting?
    Collecting?
    Playing?
    Other?
    A Combination?

For painting, I am doing some “finish-y off” things for 6mm WSS: a few more line troops, plus some Cuirassiers, Hussars, siege guns, stuff like that. After that, probably another batch of 6mm WW2.

For collecting, I am doing some planning to try and work out how best to align all my 6mm WW2 stuff. I am trying to avoid starting anything really new at the moment, partly because I am really busy with work and family things at the moment, partly because my lead mountain & plastic pile is a little larger at the moment than I’d like. So purchases will be focused on filling out and extending existing armies at the moment. We will see if I stick to it!

For playing, it is a combination of Thirty Years’ War battles with Twilight of Divine Right in 6mm and some games of Five Leagues… in 28mm. I have some more Poland ’39 games to play in 6mm too and some more Jacobite Rebellions’ stuff. And as much Shadowrun as I can fit in with the bairns.

For planning, I am looking at some more Napoleonic battles, another PBEM campaign, and a full TYW campaign.

Participant

Painting?
    Collecting?
    Playing?
    Other?
    A Combination?

Painting- a second pack of Victrix Vikings to bulk out a collection suitable for WAB, Hail Caesar, Oathmark and whatever requires around 200 of the Norsemen. Once they’re done, Byzantines, Normans, Feudal Spanish and Arabs. Oh, and a partially painted Bolt Action 1000-point force is also on the table.

Collecting- pretty much what’s on the paint-desk. I will be purchasing a few odds and ends to fill out things that are missing from the above.

Playing- Bolt Action, Lord of the Rings, Oathmark, D&D, and (soon) Hail Caesar.

Other- completing a load of terrain for all the above.

http://mainly28s.com
    wargames review site...

Participant

I’m on a 3mm scale Fantasy kick, with the new Undead army from Microworld Games. They are superb. I wish they’d issued them sooner as they’re a great entry point to the scale – much easier to paint than the Empire, which is definitely the expert level set. But they look great, especially in a horde, which is the mark of a good skeleton army.

I’ve also been induced to do Legions Imperialis at “true” 8mm scale, but not being a conventional type I’m doing Imperial Fists in an alternate color scheme.

Participant

Painting?
    Collecting?
    Playing?
    Other?
    A Combination?

Painting: 6mm WW2 Soviet infantry, German infantry (normal Wehrmacht), US infantry. A handful of sci fi miniatures as and when needed.

Collecting: Ikea packaging to turn into ruined buildings inspired by the Super Cheap Wargaming group.

Playing: I guess I am playing Chain of Command right now even though I don’t own the rules. I recently discovered a local wargames club and have been a couple of times now. I am also working my way through a Five Parsecs from Home campaign, looking to see what I can do with the rules. I am feeling like at some point my crew will buy a second ship and split? Or rent the ship out to other characters?

Participant

Painting?

Just finished re-painting, re-basing and splitting half my 15mm WOTR into two armies on pennies for Never Mind the Billhooks. Same time I touched up, added to and split the other half into two respectable Multi-based forces for ‘Hail Caesar’ or Neil Thomas games. Simultaneously to prevent insanity, bought and painted a 28mm WOTR force.

Collecting? Not much purchasing really if you exclude the above

Playing? Neil Thomas 19th c, Neil Tomas Ancients with some serious tweaks, Never mind the Billhooks, Dragon,Lion, and Xenos Rampant

Other? sllowwwwly cleaning up my Scenery, binning some, re-basing some, adding some (SF stuff which I was seriously short of)

A Combination? got out all my 20mm Biblical stuff, rebased some of them so I had single decent sized armies for each of the nations, worked out what I need to buy and am now very casually browsing for it – on the hunt for some more Hittite Chariots from Caesar as I dont have enough, re-assigned some lads to different forces etc.

Participant

Painting 18th century wargame figures, 20mm 25mm, 28mm, 30mm, plastic and metal.

Painting 25mm medieval.

Gaming 18th century,  thinking of starting my 20mm plastic medieval project.

Participant

Painting? – Eureka 20mm British for ww2. Slowly.

Collecting? – Just ordered a pile of WW1 Austrians from Picoarmour to do Galicia in 3mm. Gonna do it up all proper too with researching specific divisions etc.

Playing? – Tabletop action was making characters for a friends RPG campaign, starting a game of Ted Raicers “Reds” over Vassal and playing a game of Do It Games “Downfall of Empires” with the kid.

Other? – Im working on (among many others) on more WW2 platoon rules because obviously we don’t have enough of those. But THIS time it’ll be different and take the whole gaming world by storm with ….

A Combination? – I quit coffee and am now on tea only.

Participant

Been thinking of redoing my 3mm colletion yet again. Increasingly want to get back to sculpting after getting some inspiration for medieval armored people and sailing age pirates, 6mm.

Participant

Ive wanted to do “the year of the tiny mens” for a while so Im really excited. Want to get going on 6mm scifi too.

Participant

It can’t hurt to take a dip into 6mm. A little test buy wouldn’t cost too much and there’s a lot available for scifi. For me the attraction of the smaller scales are terrain are easier to make/store.

Participant

Painting
    Trying to finish off my 6mm Dark Ages armies and terrain. Also 6mm and 15mm Scifi and 28mm fantasy figures for the Dungeon Saga boardgame. And the last Egyptians for 15mm Sudan Colonials

Collecting
    I’m putting together forces for 28mm Deth Wizards, fortunately (or unfortunately) I have enough figures in my lead pile but I need to paint them!
    Other collecting not so much as I have a large pile and I have been selling surplus stuff off.

Projects
    6mm Ravenfeast and Dark Ages in general. Vikings and Anglo-Saxons are finished and the Normans are almost there. I’ve been making terrain including rivers/streams, camps, marshes and settlements
    15mm scifi – figures for Space Station Zero and 5 Parsecs. Most of the figures are finished but I need to work on a spaceship interior board.

Playing
    Not a lot but hopefully I will play Ravenfeast soon.

My 6mm Wargaming site https://6mm.wargaming.info

Participant

3mm Austro-Hungarians arrived so hoping to get them all on bases and rattle-canned this weekend.
    Instead of what I usually do which is buy a few bits for both armies, I decided to get everything I thought I’d need up front for one army.

Playing:
    We are playing more GURPS vikings tonight.
    Yesterday I got in two board games: Continued playing GMT’s Reds with a friend and played Salvo II with the kid. Great and really fun game and the scenario (a fictional scenario if the British had managed to intercept Goeben) was a brawl leaving both sides limping away and Breslau at the bottom of the Mediterranean. .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.