I have found several lists of what WAS in North Africa, in the Desert War phase and in Tunisia, and they don’t mention stugs.
Now, I am SURE I saw a ‘photo of a Stug, and that it was captioned North Africa……
Is the correct answer;
– None, your memory is playing tricks again you senile old git?
– None, the photo may well have existed but the caption was wrong. wrong I tell you, wrong!*
– maybe 1 or 2 made it over but no-one considers that worthy of mention in an army list?
– loads and you have made a complete hash looking at lists?
– my god, you have made the discovery of the century Pat – find that ‘photo, it blows everything we know of history wide open!
(either at Housesteads or Vindolanda there was a rusty metal loop in the museum, labeled ‘Roman Cavalry Stirrup – 3rd Century’. I was very much ‘uhhhhhh do I make a fool of myself or do I walk away? I walked away.)
This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Sane Max.