Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Sword and Spear Fantasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Snoddy
    Participant

Anybody else playing?  I am enjoying this rule set a lot.  So much so that I have invested in 28mm figures as well as 15mm which I already had.  It is a generic system allowing you to use any figures you have.  Unit basing for 28mm is only marginally bigger than for 15mm, I use 100mm frontage to allow KOW armies to be used, compared to 80mm frontage for 15mm.  I don’t think Sword and Spear rules quite hold up as a historical rule set for me.  Just a bit too much luck involved.  I give them just a little bit more acceptance for fantasy.  The extra troop types and unit traits really add to the game.  There are sufficient rules to stat up any given fantasy troop type, like Dragon Rampant.  The interactive turns where units from both sides move based on the dice allocated to them make a unique and very tactical game experience.  Sometimes turns can get a little ponderous as you debate all the tactical options available but a full size game with plenty of troop types still usually wraps up in 2.5 to 3 hours.  Few battle reports in photo albums on my Facebook page.

Mike
    Keymaster

Is there a link to your Facebook page Tim?

Tim Snoddy
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/podsy.mcpod   Sorry forgot about the pseudonym.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.