Home Forums WWII TANKS by Gale Force Nine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

On the Table – TANKS from Gale Force Nine. Miniature 15mm models with 2D terrain on a 3′ x 3′ table.

Blogged at

ian pillay
    Participant

Norm smith,

Excellent review on Tanks. I bought this just before Christmas for about £16. It is a fantastic game and as you correctly pointed out it’s a game not a simulation. The rules are easy to explain and play. My regular opponent, is my five year old son, and he has picked up the basics of moving and shooting.

The game package is a great deal, I couldn’t believe how much stuff came in the box, cards, dice and 2D terrain. The only thing I was disappointed with was there was no tank card for Stug’s as I have a few of these already. I guess that will be a blister pack I buy in the future.

All in all, it’s a great dads and lads game, with great replay value and can be played on a small table in under an hour.

BR

VTI

Tally-Ho!

Norm S
    Participant

Ian- I was in the same situation having enough StuG’s in my Open Fire starter set, without buying more.  Anyway, I did buy a blister;

The stat line for the StuG is   3   4   1   5

Hope that helps inject a bit more variety in your games with your son.

willz
    Participant

Cheers for that report Norm, very useful and informative report.  Now that looks like an excellent starter game to get one into WW2.

ian pillay
    Participant

Norm,

Thanks for the stats of the stug.

VTI

Tally-Ho!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.