Home Forums Modern Team Mueller part 2

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

In the up coming Team Yankee Firestorm Campaign game, to start in Jan. I have decide to run my West Germans, It seem to be the best all around army form the Nato forces.  We will have 4 new players to add to our core group of 6, really excited about it.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Working on my last two Luchs armored cars. They are fragile resin damn it.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Good luck and I hope you,make the right (left) decision. Gooooooo, Soviets!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got another game in today, I love Gepards !!! After they shot down the Soviet Hinds they chewed up 9 out of 12 BMP-2’s !!!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Oh my!  Gepards sound worth the points!  How do they fare when receiving fire though?

A buddy is trying really hard to get me into TY.  I recently bought the game AirLand Battle for my computer, so baby steps…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh Gepards die if hit with much more than an MG. but are very useful . Team Yankee is a fast deadly game.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

kyoteblue:

Good luck with Friday’s game. I saw your comment in Just Jack’s Chokehold Bat. Rep. If the Germans are quite literally defending the Rhine from the Soviets, then I would think that they have lost decisively already! But good luck all the same.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Cheer up, dude and play more minis!

kyoteblue
    Participant

I fight on the Rhine near Koln tomorrow .

kyoteblue
    Participant

I held the Rhine bridges so I kinda sorta won !!!!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Good to hear you had a good game! What forces did you have to defend the Koln bridges? What did the Soviets attack with? Dish the details!

Cheers and lots more good gaming!

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I had a Panzergrenaider Company.

HQ  1 Marder and Command Inf Stand.

2 Zugs of PG with 3 marders and 6 Inf  Stands each.

1 Leo 2  Zug  with 3 Leo 2’s

I Rocket Arty battery 4 Launchers

I Mortar Bat 6  M-113’s

I SPA unit 3 M-109’s

I Gepard AA Battery 6 Gepards

1 Fleagerfaust 6 Redeye teams

1 Roland AA battery 2 Rolands.

1 Luch Spah  2 Luchs AC.

1 Jaguar SPAT 3 Jaguars.

I had 10 platoons and had to keep half off as delayed reserves

I took the 2 PG Zugs   the Gepards and FF Redeye teams

The Rocket Arty

The Mortars

The Arty Observer.

I was fighting 3 Soviet Airborne Company’s and 10 Hinds.

Basically The Soviets hid in building and I pounded them with Arty, the Soviets never attacked me with their Hinds until the end of the game and I took no casualty’s and shot down a Hind.

There was more fighting down table, it was a disguised Bridge Too Far scenario.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Wow! That’s an insane amount of support kit for a force smaller than a combat team. You had everything from a battalion’s full allotment of mortars, half a division’s allotment of Gepard SPAAs and Corp assets like LARS MRLS and Roland SP SAMs! Did the Soviets have any armour like ASU-85’s or or SP-120’s or were they just infantry hunkered down in and around buildings near the bridge? It sounds like it was a wild game! I hope you enjoyed it and have many more like it.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

FOW/Team Yankee lets you be the Div. favorite Company Co. It was all Infantry with the Soviets racing forward to save the Airborne at the bridges…

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’m looking to proxy some of my M-60 as Leopard 1’s for Team Mueller…till I maybe buy some Leopard 1’s . I want to try out a couple of lists.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by kyoteblue.
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Ordered 1 box of the Leo 1’s so I’ll have 3 of them, working on the OP and last of the WG M-113 mortar carriers… I also stripped the paint off my Brit Swing Fires so I can repaint them as I didn’t like the camo I had done…Oh and working on 2 M-60’s to proxy as Leo 1’s till I get the real ones…

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

So your keeping your Brits? If so, good on ya! And buying more Leopards, you must be feeling better about life! Bravo! More Soviets are needed though so get to work!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I still plan to sell the Brit’s I’m just getting them ready for the sale.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Bummer about the Btitish. With Germans, Brits and Soviets you could have had more combinations to play. Good luck on the sale!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have US forces as well…Thanks Rod.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Didn’t run my West Germans yesterday, I ran Soviets against Brits and got my ass kicked…I did get a morale victory in that I killed all his Arty with a left flank run with my BMP-2’s  but didn’t kill a single Chieftain…damn it.  Waiting on my local game shop to get the Panzertroopen supplement for Leopard in. Along withe the Rocket Artillery and Leo 1 platoon. Should get them Friday.

In Jan. we start the new campaign game I start a new topic for that when it happens…

Right now I’m at a stand still on building any thing…which kinda bum’s me out.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Yeah !! The Rockets Leo 1’s and booklet came in today so I have new stuff to build…but damn the resin Leo 1’s are tough to clean up.

irishserb
    Participant

Wait, the Battlefront Leo 1s are resin?  Got to check that out. I assumed that they were injection molded plastic.

kyoteblue
    Participant

They are resin and the molds are already slipping..have a hammer and chisel handy if you get some.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Broke the hull on one Leo 1 trying to get the track on….good thing I have green stuff..

kyoteblue
    Participant

On the other hand the LARS rocket battery is easy …24 wheels and a launcher and done.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Getting some paint on them…Turkey day was good…but I still have to do the dishes..

irishserb
    Participant

Sorry to here the Leos are a pain, but glad that T-day was good.

Maybe a Dremel would help with the Leo 1s.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It would have but I can’t find it…I have teenage Grand Kids….Who are now asleep….so yeah it was a good Turkey day.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue and Irishserb:

Except for the turkey who was having a really bad day! Somehow, in light of the July 15th coup attempt, Tuekey and Leopard tanks seem to go together this year! Glad that you’re well fed and well occupied and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Rod, I won my first game with my West Germans  against Soviets today. Made a couple of mistakes but over all I really like the way the WG ran.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I haz sadz, I have not sold my Brits so can’t buy any more West German Leopard 1’s…and I need 3 boxes of them…..sadz…

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Tim, the links didn’t take but that’s cool.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got another Team Yankee game in yesterday, It was a 4 player game I teamed up with Trey’s Brits and ran my West Germans against Gabriel and Curtis’s Soviets. ( note, half the Soviets force was made up of my Soviets..I should start charging rent !!!)

Game was on an 8 by 4 foot table so we had plenty of space to maneuver, Soviets attacked and the Brits and WG defended…and boy do Brit’s defend!!! Between a dozen Milan  teams and Chieftains in ambush the poor T-72’s died in droves….I kinda mopped up BMP-2’s   and just watched the fire works…

I’m thinking I am not going to sell my Brits after all..

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Woo-how! Keep those Brits and show us all what the grandchildren of the Old Contemptibles can do against the Asiatic hordes from trams-Ural Russia! If the Revolution is to succeed then the Soviet vanguard must defeat Europe’s best soldiers! In death they will honour the iron men of the Soviet Red Army. Rus stavai, krasnaya armiya vpered!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Thanks Rod when I get the time I need to go back and repair my Soviets…I’m building FV 432’s for the Brit Irish Guards right now !!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.