Home Forums Modern Team Whiskey – Fulda Gap Batrep 10 (The Finale)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s 1530 on 10 August 1986, and Team Whiskey is on the run. Warsaw Pact forces have overrun Rhein-Main Airbase, where Team Whiskey’s 3rd Tank Platoon and Kilo Company made a gallant last stand, and now the enemy is in a pursuit/exploitation operation to reach Wiesbaden and its Theodor-Heuss-Brücke, the last bridge standing over the Rhine River. A small Bundeswehr contingent (all that is left of a Panzergrenadier Battalion) is holding the bridge open, though they are prepared to blow it should the enemy encroach. But right now that bridge is the only route of escape for Team Whiskey and the remaining forces of V Corps.

The opposing forces, with Soviets on the left and NATO on the right.

The map, looking west to east (north is left), with the Soviets entering from left and top left, and the NATO forces trying to withdraw via the bridge at bottom right. The Bundeswehr bridge force is at center right near the crossroads, while Col Lacy, Lt Ensmith’s Mech Plt, and Lt Travers’ tanks are entering the table via the road at top right, while Capt Phillips leads Capt Sighe’s Mech Plt and the Wpns Co attachments entering the table via the road at bottom center.

Bradleys of Lt Ensmith’s 1st Platoon launch TOWs into the flank of advancing Soviet armor. To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/11/team-whiskey-fulda-gap-batrep-10-finale.html

Well, that’s it folks! It’s been a tremendous amount of fun; a lot of work, but definitely a labor of love, and I’ve very happy to have been able to be a part of the playtesting for this new scenario book. Ben Lacy of Britton Publishers has just released the book of ten scenarios, titled “Fulda Gap,” available here: http://brittonpublishers.com/Skirmish_Scenarios.htmlf
    Sorry to seem so ‘commercial,’ but if you’ve followed any of my batrep postings you’ll know I’ve been quite a fan of Britton Publishers’ scenario books for several years now, and I own about 15 of them. They’ve been a great resource for me, and I so I highly recommend them.

I hope you guys have enjoyed this as much as I have. I always am very appreciative of comments (here on the blog and/or on the various forums I post), and I’d really like to hear any thoughts on the campaign as a whole, now that it’s finished.

I’ve got lots of new ideas/old ideas that need to be finished, so stay tuned, you know I’ll be starting another campaign soon.

V/R,
    Jack

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

I’ll read and post after I get the Grand Daughter from school…. But Thanks Just Jack and Ben Lacy !!!!!

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

A good read but a sad ending.

Just Jack
    Participant

Sad ending???

Quit your whining, Old Man.  I promise no 6mm lead figures were harmed during the filming of this campaign 😉

And where’s Rod?  Everyone has checked in but him, must need a personal invite.  Here it is.

V/R,
    Jack

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

Rod must be lost in Canada………Oh and sad cause we all died…..so whats next ???? I have the Team Yankee stuff pre-ordered but who knows when it will get in. I will be doing a Sword and the Flame game at Twistercon, and the Verdun games starting in Feb.

Rod RobertsonRod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

I’m not being snooty or aloof. I’m just really busy with work and work-related miniature assembling, priming and painting. I haven’t had the time to read TW 8-10 properly and give you proper feed-back. Your Bat. Reps. are like fine wine, they can’t be rushed. I must take my time to savour and relish them, to ponder and consider them, and then to come up with annoying and picayune comments to vex you with. It’s quite a responsibility, and I take it seriously! So soon, but not right now, you’ll be hearing from me on matters modern and martial. Until then:

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

No sweat man, just wanted to make sure you were still with us 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Rod RobertsonRod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

In the immortal words of Monty Python’s Mary Queen of Scots, “I ain’t dead yet!”.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

Good to know your alive Rod…..

Lagartija MikeLagartija Mike
    Spectator

Kyote, off topic for a sec, I have to be in Oklahoma City in early December and I was thinking of checking out the Jeff Williams Swap Meet. How’s the selection on older stuff, I’m trying to score an salvagable Knucklehead transmission (’42 would be ideal) for a client without dropping a ton.

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

Um I have not been to the Jeff Williams Swap Meet or any swap meet in 20 plus years so I got no idea. But if your on OKC please look me up.

Lagartija MikeLagartija Mike
    Spectator

Will do, Kyote!

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.