Home Forums Modern Team Whiskey – Fulda Gap Batrep 7 Part II

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

This is the finale of batrep #7. So, first off, please accept my humble apologies for the delay since my last post; real life has been kicking my butt. In any case, when we last spoke, NATO is trying to hold a bridge over the Main River for as long as possible, and while NATO has taken heavy casualties, they are also exacting an atrocious toll on the advancing Soviets. The fight is really on a knife’s edge, where Team Whiskey physically can’t stand to take any more casualties lest it cease to exist as a combat unit, whereas if the Soviets suffer any more casualties they won’t have the strength to push across the river and hold until the bridgehead can be reinforced. So, this is about as tight as the fight can get.

The previous batrep showed Turns 1 through 3, so we pick up the action with Turn 4, and the Soviets activate first.

A TOW launches at a T-72, with enemy at all quarters, and close. To see how the fight turned out, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/10/team-whiskey-fulda-gap-batrep-7-part-ii.html

So, stay tuned and I’ll get fight number 8 posted ASAP, and I’ll look to fight out scenario 9 this weekend and 10 next. Hope you guys are having a good time.

V/R,
    Jack

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

At long last, I was starting to think you had fallen off the earth !!! You have got to get better mortar dice !!!!! Oh and yeah the Russians whipped your butt!!!

Rod RobertsonRod Robertson
    Participant

Oh, good! Now I can see how Part I ends. I will read this puppy tonight or tomorrow morning. Welcome back, Jack!

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.  And sorry, just been super busy (looking for guys to replace my mortar platoon).

V/R,
    Jack

Rod RobertsonRod Robertson
    Participant

Wow! That was a nail biter. Great report, Jack. The US mortars and the tanker in sheep’s clothing were disappointments but the US TOW’s and the Soviet artillery performed well. How did the apache survive? With all those 30mm guns and a ZSU-234 on the board it should have been hit at some point but I guess it got lucky.

This was another charnel house battle with both sides fighting on to near extermination, but that certainly makes the narrative more gripping and dramatic. Well done, sir on another great report and battle! I’ll be sorry to see this campaign conclude and I shall savor the last three Bat. Reps when they are posted. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to post these great games, Jack, despite your hectic real-life  time demands. It is much appreciated.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.