Home Forums Modern Team Yankee, any one else playing it ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Am I the only one who plays Team Yankee on TWW ???

Participant

Well, you bought all the tanks, there aren’t any left for anyone else. 

Participant

I play my homebrew rules.  FOW died in my area, with the two closest shops having dropped the line in the last year.  Neither considered carrying Team Yankee, as FOW priced itself out of the local market (though GW has not).  Guess I’m the only tread-head around these parts.

Allen of GCMini’s plays it.

Participant

I’ve considered it in 3mm scale. But I’ve got less theme-oriented games I’m into like Cold War Commander, Dirtside and Horizon Wars that get far more play.

Participant

Kyoteblue:

While I game the Cold War, I have never been excited by the FOW or the TY rules. I use other rules to run 6mm and 15mm Cold War games. So, in this respect you are a rare breed it seems. But you are fortunate to have a good circle of local gamers who seem to be as excited by TY as you, so you’re sitting pretty. Ah, gotta go!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Not me either, I’ve been gaming Cold War in 6mm long before it was invented by Team Yankee.

To be honest I just can’t see the point in a ruleset that doesn’t give you everything you need to play whatever nation’s army you want to straight away. Not only that but to be then be charged extra to be able to build another army and then only if the company decides to release something for that particular nation, utter madness! And don’t get me started on the on-table artillery and SAM units (no matter how cool the kit is!). Having got that off my chest, the models do look nice.

I’ll be sticking with Fist Full of TOWS though thanks, everything you need in one complete package…..

Participant

Just seeing if any one else here did… looks like no one but me.

Participant

Allen of GCMini’s plays it.

Actually I don’t.  I have the rules and some of the Battlefront minis.  But, I do not like the rules.  I’m not going to sit here and put them down … they are very popular and lots of people like the game … it’s just not for me.  Everyone has their own favorite rules set, TY is not mine.

That being said, I’ve heard lots of people report that playing the game in 6mm without changing any distances or ranges makes the game A LOT more realistic.  … and any game played in 6mm gets my support.

Allen Rockwell
    GameCraft Miniatures
    Business: www.gcmini.com
    My Blog: www.allensmicroarmor.com

Participant

Kyoteblue:

IIRC Sparker from Australia is a big fan of TY in 15 or 20mm scale. I’ve seen some outstanding game reports on his blog.

So you’re not completely alone in the wilderness.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

I play but use 6mm scale.. far better for cold war battles, ranges look much better on the tabletop and it looks less like a car park full of tanks.

Rory

http://rorycrabb.wordpress.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.