Home Forums Modern Team Yankee Rule Book. FOW.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I got to look at the Game HQ store copy of the Team Yankee rule book. It looks good but I would love to hear what any of you think.

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

What’s the deal with these rules with respect to what you need to play? Is one rulebook enough, or will there be multiple “army books” you’ll need to have a decent game? Cold (Flames of) War seems like something I’d like, but if it means forking out for book after book just to faff about with my 6mm toys, then I’ll probably pass…

kyoteblue
    Participant

The first book is just US and Soviets. They have hinted that other country’s will follow, but in other books. Damn it.

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

Ah pffffftt. Might see how much I can get if for in a few months and figure out my own stats for other gear… goddam capitalism!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Yep….but as I buy the books I would be happy to pass on any info…..

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

To quote a wise man; ooh you are awful, but I like you

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

What is the attraction of these rules for you. I know you like them very much for WWI and WWII, but do the game mechanisms lend themselves to the Cold War milieu? How is a veteran T-55 crew supposed to save itself from a TOW missile which it has not seen coming in from its rear flank? I could see this being a possibility now with reactive armour but in 1946-1989 not so much. So do the rules use the same mechanic of hit, damage and save that earlier periods use?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Rod, I know that the FOW engine is flawed but I know how it works….and learning newer better rules is hard for me unless some one walks me through a couple dozen games….. So yes there are better games….I just know how to play this one.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

My question was not a criticism of the rules but an attempt to find out whether the mechanics of the game will work in a Cold War setting. But it is clear it’s hard to teach an old Kyote new tricks.

Cheers and good familiar gaming dude.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I am old…….

kyoteblue
    Participant

Posted pics of my not BF Team Yankee tanks over on my Facebook page. Jonathan Keepers in Oklahoma.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Just got my Team Yankee rule book and the US Tanks and Choppers this evening. Pics of them out of the box on my Facebook page…more details to follow. Hurrah !!!!!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Played out The Last Battle of Tank 66 and 2 Free For All games today. I like the changes and think once I get use to them it will flow really well.
    Pics on my Facebook.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I also think these rules will work out well for my Imagin-nation the Sultanate of Ifat……

kyoteblue
    Participant

Test.null That didn’t work damn it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by kyoteblue.
    Mike
    Keymaster

Test.null That didn’t work damn it.

No image code in there.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got my Soviet box today…They look great…I’ll post pics on my Facebook !!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.