Home Forums WWII Teaser

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I set up the table for the forthcoming game to see if everything fits.

A few photos :

[/url]

[/url]

The real game will have a lot more hidden units but I thought I’d get everything out for show….

donald

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Nice!  And a mobilewagon to boot!  Looks like it’ll be a riproaring game.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

The “practice” game went well. It’s primary purpose was to bring my pal up to speed with the BKC rules. The “real” game, with the same set up etc, will be next week with the whole crew.

The game started with various attempts to stymie each other with artillery and air attack.

[/url]

[/url]

My pal, playing the Germans, decided on blitzkrieg tactics, in terms of  pinning the troops in the village, punching a hole through the British left flank & curving around to take the supply dump (the chief objective) behind the village.

[/url]

[/url]

The British had quite a number of hidden units but clever & persistent Recce soon winkled these out.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

We ran out of time just as the tank battle was starting but even though my pal had received only a fraction of the tanks available (poor dice rolling at the start of the game: 1 Tiger & 2 Panthers broke down/ran out of fuel & did not attend), it was clear that my Honeys were useless & the Cromwells & Churchills also probably doomed.

[/url]

The writing was on the wall.

I’m pretty certain my clever pal does not need any more practice.

donald

deephorse
    Participant

How on earth did that 222 get to where it is? 

Less enthusiasm, please. This is Britain.

How on earth did that 222 get to where it is?

Recce. The game is quite abstract & the concept is the AC would have been parked somewhere further back, out of sight, & its crew infiltrated forward.

Yes, odd I know.

donald

deephorse
    Participant

Indeed!

Less enthusiasm, please. This is Britain.

Indeed!

What a cold “indeed”! I don’t think it ever a good idea to amend rules in mid-game, so we went with it.

This was the first game in 4 years & we’d never used the Recce mechanism before. I think it will need some revision. For instance, the Germans had 4 recce units & this was too much so a limit is needed. I’d think we’d also need to limit such penetration somehow.

The four of us need to consider all this.

donald

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Deleted User.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.