Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Terrain and Hurricane Hanna

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On Saturday night, a hurricane hit my neck of the woods (the Rio Grande Valley of southern Texas). My family and I got through fine, with some superficial damage to the property, though many others weren’t so lucky and suffered more significant wind damage and/or are dealing with serious flooding.

During the storm, I needed something to distract myself from the disconcerting winds outside so I worked on terrain. Here’s stuff I worked on and then finished on Sunday: a Paper Terrain 28mm Asian house plus rural fences, a Papierschnitzel paper hand carts, and a homemade thicket of bamboo.

One of the neat things about Paper Terrain is that their buildings are made so that the complete model fits around and over a slightly smaller ruined version, which allows you to put troops inside the buildings, show battle damage/fires, and adds to the structural strength.

Participant

That came out great!  I am very happy you survived the hurricane unscathed.  As you know I was laying out on the beach as it all was going down since the buildings blocked the wind.  (never was the smartest fella )  But alas, no gaming progress was made on my end, awesome that you could make the most of it.  I really like that you slip the ruined one beneath, really cool and makes for easy storage as well.

Now, just get the rest of the village done!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

the smaller building is a great idea, it looks great , glad you made it through

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.