Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Thaddeus' Iron Age Fantasy Project (15mm)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So, thanks to Mr. Tim Porter and the Jim Jone’s Cocktail Hour from Frothers, I am getting back into the mega-scales: 15mm, to be exact. JJCH brought be some of Grumpy’s Colonial Portuguese for an upcoming skirmish project, while Tim brought me some absolutely luvverly Copplestone barbarians and dwarves.

I’m in the midst of shaking the cobwebs off of my old 15mm fantasy collection (which hasn’t seen the light of day in more than a decade), rebasing and touching up the paintwork, while having a blast doing up the new figs.

First up are the dwarves. You can see a write up of the whole project here: http://leadnobleed.blogspot.com.br/2017/05/and-now-for-something-completely.html

Meanwhile, were’s some eye candy. Sorry that the photos aren’t the greatest.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

Very cool !!

Participant

Thaddeus B:

You’ve done a lovely job with the Copplestone Dwarves and I’m looking forward to seeing how the barbarians turn out. Thank you for sharing this lovely horde.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Painting up the Copplestone barbarian witches now and I just discovered a hilarious little detail: it very much looks like Mark modelled the vulva of the skull-throwing witch. Either that, or she’s wearing an entirely anachronic and wholely unnecessary thong.

Good on him! Hell, on the very rare occasions when a modeler does full female nudity, the character usually looks like she’s getting ready for a pole dance or maybe some Conan-style barbarian thigh worship. This figure, on the other hand, is a full-on, screaming, frothing, skull-tossing menace… who just happens to have her lady bits flapping in the breeze. ๐Ÿ˜€

Participant

These Copplestone figures are a blast and a half to paint! Unfortunately, I don’t think my skintone is exactly where I want it to be, just yet. The dwarves above are too orange. They look like little Trumpettes. The new barbs are too sharply defined: shadows too dark a d skin too light. Hopefully the third batch will be just right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.