Home Forums General General Thanks for your Support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

Thank you for supporting The Wargames Website.

You are helping me earn some money* when it would almost be impossible otherwise.
    It is becoming more clear as time goes by that the chance of me being able to return to regular full time employment is slim, so this and Crom’s Anvil are to be my only income source.
    So I am truly invested in making TWW as good as I can.

If you like TWW (or me for that matter, can’t only be my wife that thinks I am ok, can it? 😃 ) please do share any topics you see on TWW across your blogs, social media platforms you use, or any other sites of relevance.
    You could even send your favourite company an e-mail and ask if they are aware of TWW?
    Anything you can do to help grow TWW would be very much appreciated.

Of course you don’t have to do anything at all, TWW is not your business and in the grand scheme of things if it ceases to be, I suspect you will not be any worse off.
    Having said that, I hope you do like it here, and I also hope you feel that we are TWW as a community, rather than I am TWW.

*I won’t say earn a living.

Thanks again.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mike.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mike. Reason: i needed a p
    Steelonsand
    Participant

Hey Mike, so if you’re working exclusively for TWW now, doesn’t that make us all your Boss?

cue unreasonable demands at all hours of the day and night….. 

seriously though, working in the Hobby isn’t gonna make you Rockefeller, but at least you will be doing what you love – think of all of us drones and wage-slaves, toiling away at something we long fell out of love with….

All the Best, and don’t lose sight of all you’ve achieved here, with the Barracks, Crom’s Anvil et al – am sure the community will rally round – after all, we have a lot to thank you for in creating so much for us.

OldBen1
    Participant

my wife is always bothering me to get a part time job anyways!

no problem, it’s always fun to root for the little guy!  Especially when they are only 15mm.

Abwehrschlacht
    Participant

Thanks to you, Mike, for providing a forum to discuss wargaming. This place will only grow in importance in the wargaming world and I hope it a long and successful journey!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNUYwNznn-ZuNMoHoF3urwQ

Blog: http://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com

McKinstry
    Participant

This is my favorite wargaming site and for what it is worth, I would say this is a place where threads are positive, helpful and friendly. There is a good mix of interests and skills. When given the chance, I will always push friends and suppliers to the site.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

kyoteblue
    Participant

We are pulling for ya!

Steve Johnson
    Participant

I know where you’re coming from Mike on the work front, hence about 10 years ago I was lucky in being able to compress then reduce my working hours to help look after our son. Hoping to be able to semi-retire soon to carry on the support as he moves into adulthood.

I always check TWW 3-5 times a day at least, so keep up the good work!

Mike
    Keymaster

I know where you’re coming from Mike on the work front, hence about 10 years ago I was lucky in being able to compress then reduce my working hours to help look after our son.

Yeah, things have been getting trickier, I hoped with age it would get better.
    Seems not!

Steve Johnson
    Participant

We thought so too, but the challenges change, whilst some remain!

Mike
    Keymaster

Bumping this cos I can and cos my face has changed…

But also to say thanks again.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Should have listened to your warning…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

deephorse
    Participant

Thanks for your comments Mike.  I’m only too glad to support your site.  Unfortunately, because I don’t blog or use social media I can’t spread the message that way.  The only other ‘wargaming’ site I visit (and I use that term loosely) would certainly delete any supporting post I made, and would probably ban me, so there’s no publicity to be had there either.  I mention TWW to gaming friends but they don’t seem to be interested in internet-based sources of information for some reason.

Less enthusiasm, please. This is Britain.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.