Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century The Battle for Holzdorf – a Black Powder SYW game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve Johnson
    Participant

An AAR of a game played a few nights ago with the Warlord Black Powder ruleset. A great game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Details can be found below:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-battle-for-holzdorf-black-powder.html

Paul Liddle
    Participant

A very nice AAR, well done the Croats!. Did you use centimetres for movement and ranges with your 10mm soldiers?.

Norm S
    Participant

That looks really nice. I was surprised that you could use Black powder for a ‘smaller’ game’ I always thought it was for big engagements only. You say you are on 20mm bases. I have ACW on

40mm (x 20) bases – would that matter?

paintpig
    Participant

From what I understand  Norm as long as all the figures are based alike it shouldn’t matter what size the bases (frontage)

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Steve Johnson
    Participant

“Did you use centimetres for movement and ranges with your 10mm soldiers?.”

Hi Paul, yep just used centimetres instead of inches, which works nicely IMHO.

“40mm (x 20) bases – would that matter?”

Hi Norm, 40mm x 20mm should be fine as that’s what we used and I use as my standard basing for BP. BP does work well for smaller actions, which is very useful, as not all battles were huge affairs. Also very handy for those ‘coffee table’ size games such as this one.

Norm S
    Participant

Sold!

Steve Johnson
    Participant

I hope you enjoy the games and look forward to seeing your chaps in action.

willz
    Participant

Excellent photo report and AAR Steve thanks for posting, I will have to look at those Black Power rules.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.