Home Forums WWII The battle inside Stalingrad Sewers (eye candy)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The battle inside Stalingrad Sewers (eye candy)

55 photos uploaded on the website at http://www.victorian-steel.com/ just click on the gallery and sit back click “View as Slideshow” if you want.

The whole Stalingrad sewer is up for sale, not decided on a price as yet but i’m selling it because i want to donate a large sum of cash for those who really need it at “Combat Stress” – its a big piece set at 28mm so be warned.

One evening i was munching on a packet of poppadoms,as daft as it may sound the transparent plastic packaging the poppadoms came in,struck me as a idea for creating the waterfall in the Stalingrad Sewers.

[/url]
    upload image online[/url]

[/url]
    free photo hosting[/url]

Everything is scratch built, 12 corridors 2 large rooms,6 corner sections and 4 small hidden pipe sections which could be placed anywhere i wanted a russian to come out of.

[/url]
    adult photo sharing[/url]

[/url]
    photo uploading[/url]

[/url]
    upload pics[/url]

The sections are all 28mm scale, 5 inch wide 3 inch tall, easy for a hand to move a miniature, it also had that space hulk idea, the sewers could be setup differently everytime i wanted to game, with boxes and crates the place could easy give that miniature plenty of cover.

[/url]
    photo uploader[/url]

[/url]
    photoupload[/url]

[/url]
    adult image hosting[/url]

[/url]
    free image hosting[/url]

[/url]
    free photo upload[/url]

The Battle of Stalingrad started on the River Don and ended when the Soviets destroyed the Sixth Army’s flanking formations north and south of the city. But the heart of the battle was in the streets of Stalingrad itself.

[/url]
    free upload pictures[/url]

[/url]
    photo uploading websites[/url]

This is where the Russian soldiers and militia held the German on slaught. Where the defenders demonstrated an unexpected aptitude for urban warfare. And where both sides developed new tactics to deal with fighting in built up areas.

[/url]
    jpg images[/url]

Bitter fighting raged for every ruin, street, factory, house, basement, and staircase. Even the sewers were the sites of firefights. The Germans, calling this unseen urban warfare Rattenkrieg (“Rat War”)

The factories had extensive underground work – sewers, communications and water-supply systems . Initially the Soviets were unfamiliar with them and made little use of these. Only as the fighting intensified and the soldier integrated with the local factory administration did they start using the underground system.

Sappers and chemical warfare men made breaches in walls, smoked out the enemy, and dug underground mines. In sewers flame-thrower men and sappers with explosives accompanied the storm group.

Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

Keymaster

Nice work.
    It could well be used by Fantasy and or Post Apoc gamers too.

Participant

Where’s the Toxic Avenger when you need him?

Great terrain Malc & lots of alternative uses for such a flexible set up. Unfortunately I’m on the other side of the world so postage would be a tad expensive…

Participant

I did a game with nazi zombies during the cold war will post them up next week, but yea it can be used for anything.

Participant

Sewer Wars! Too cool, Malc! Now if you can get the Australian Light Horse to charge through the storm drains, I’m sold! This is outstanding stuff you’ve done  here and it inspires me to try to do it in 15 mm! Thank you for posting this and well done, sir.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

I think one of the ideas to create this came from “Space Hulk” the game is very popular and it can create so many scenarios, i thought this has never been done in historical gaming, well not what i know of anyway.

I have Space Hulk and i got to admit it its a very clever game,the word Stalingrad seems to hit home alot of wargamers in the WWII, the sewers was what i wanted, the movie “Enemy at the Gates” also got me thinking, well its created and a tick on my bucket list, only thing is now how much should i let it go for ? i don’t know if i should start off at a low price and try and get a few bidding on ebay or just set price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.