Home Forums General Films and TV The Bee Gees and Military Parades…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

What an odd perfectly paired combination!

Bee Gees music over North Korean marching

John D Salt
    Participant

It would have been better yet if the editor could have looped back a few bits, as in Ridley’s “Lambeth Walk”:

All the best,

John.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Fun find, GCM. Am I the only one that finds their bouncy-goose-step a little silly looking?

Fun find, GCM. Am I the only one that finds their bouncy-goose-step a little silly looking?

Now that you mentioned it…

…yeah, it does look silly.

According to Wiki it’s a unique marching step introduced in the ’90s, replacing the Soviet version. From the Guardian:

Natasha Darne, a personal trainer at LA Fitness in Holborn, London, tried to perform it in her studio after studying a video – and remains unconvinced. “It is really, really hard to do for a prolonged period. It’s tough on the hamstrings and you need excellent core strength and balance to maintain that upper-body stiffness. The action is also really bad on the knees and feet because it encourages you to slam your foot down hard on the floor. The North Korean soldiers certainly must do lots of stretching before they march.”

willz
    Participant

Most enjoyable, tanks for sharing.

Thomaston
    Participant

I like the guys and girls with SMG, they look like they’re twisting to the tunes.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Russian version:

The pairing doesn’t seem to work as well…

I’d say it’s due to the marchers lacking a bounce in their step.

At least the guys are singing “Stayin’ aliiiiive!”!

Back, to append a Chinese version (sorry for the extraneous stuff in the middle):

And here’s South Korea, but a “real” one, apparently, drilling to my favorite Kpop girls, MAMAMOO:

Only 16 seconds, unfortunately. Anyone seen a longer clip?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.