Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy The best Nordic Weasel game for…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Logain
    Participant

What would be the best Nordic Weasel game for creating a 40k Kill Team type game?

10-20 models per side

maybe a vehicle or two

head to head competition

Mission objective/scenario focused

campaign system

easy to “port” 40k factions, or even better resources where someone has done it.

I’ve played a lot of Five Core 2nd edition, FAD and Company Commander, but there seem to be a ton of new options from Ivan’s offerings:

Squad Hammer, Five Core 3rd Ed, Starport Scum, Renegade Scout, Five Parasects, Blast Pistol, No Stars in Sight, Unity…

I appreciate the advice.

Thomaston
    Participant

Not NWG but very 40k, have you checked out one page rules?

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

neuzd
    Participant

Renegade Scout is a retro clone of Rogue Trader so definitely not modern Kill Team, but I’m guessing it would be the easiest to adapt.

Unity Field Agent has a very fleshed out setting and the Unity “faction” itself is modeled heavily on the Imperium of Man, so maybe the setting is something that is going to help a lot. Furthermore I believe campaigns and scenario creation should be extensively covered.

That said, I must admit that I’m not really knowledgeable about any of those 2 titles, despite having them since long time. My personal preference, for everything actually would go to Squad Hammer Core.

SHC is without any doubt the most flexible framework there is and you can adapt anything you have in mind to it. It requires more work because there is nothing pre-built but, as a set of rules in themselves, I consider it the best game ever written (and there’s really little that can happen to make me change my idea in the future).

It keeps surprising people around the world how simple fast and still very tactical it can be.

neuzd
    Participant

I posted your query to Ivan and he says:

“Unity Field Agent fits 100% actually. Points driven, has some linking mechanics and is pretty tense in play”

Thomaston
    Participant

You’re making me want to check out Squad Hammer Core.

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

neuzd
    Participant

It’s Pay What You Want, so you can download it for free and eventually pay later if you feel like it.

Logain
    Participant

Thanks guys, since two of them are free, I’ll take a look at all three (One Page, Unity, Squad Hammer).

Five Core was so good, that I haven’t tried many newer games Sci-fi skirmish games.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.