Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy The Cult of Orcus – A D&D Collection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Once upon a time, I was a full-time commission painter.  I didn’t make much money, so I went back to normal employment.  However, finding myself awkwardly between jobs again I am put back to work.  As it happened, I put on hold the last tranche of an enormous project for a US client, so I’m finishing this off while I look for proper employment.  Hopefully, I’ll be gainfully employed again before I have to go back to painting for cash on a full-time basis…

Anyway, here are the two newest additions to the project.  I’ll update this thread with further pics of the rest of the project now and then:

Undead War Rhino:

This is a classic Marauder miniature.  It’s quite bizarre, but curiously appealing in its oddness.

Spectral Dragon:

From, IIRC, the original Chainmail miniatures range from TSR and, later, WOTC, before they stopped making metal miniatures.

R.

Participant

So, a few more:

And a lich-king:

R.

Participant

Wow, those are cool minis with a hot paintjob 🙂

Who makes(made) them?

Participant

Great painjobs, they look gorgeous!

Participant

They’re a real mix of manufacturers. Most of them are OOP classics that my client had painstakingly collected before sending them to me.

R.

Participant

Not related to the Cult of Orcus, but I didn’t think a new thread was necessary:

This lovely sculpt is from Red Box Games and I’ve had it hanging around for, like, ever.  So I thought it was time to get some paint down.  The base is scratchbuilt.

R.

Participant

Another finished piece for the commission:

This is a classic (80s, manufacturer unknown, but possibly Grenadier) version of Sauron on the Throne of Mordor.  I was really pleased with how the organic Eye of Mordor turned out, here.

R.

Participant

Spectral Warriors:

I think these represent me finally getting the hang of my airbrush!

R.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.