Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi The defence of reactor 7: A FiveCore Company Command AAR

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I’ve thought about it some more and to an extent, doesn’t the “What does it represent” question solve itself ? (or rather, the player solves it). At the most abstract, each infantry stand is a “unit”. Whether that unit is very specifically a company or it’s an amalgamation of force that corresponds to a company doesn’t really change the mechanics, that’s on the players end. In other words, if Jack has 5 stands and they represent 5 actual companies, and Thad has 5 stands that represent 8 actual companies (or whatever), the in-game effect is the same, right?

Exactly. Which is why if you say it is “more or less a company”, you cover all bases. It allows you to fudge where necessary while still giving the bayonet counters their fix.

For the record, I am deeply offended, Jack. 😉

But anyhoo… This allows you to fudge the “roll your own”  table a bit. Bayonet counters can say “Ah hah! A battalion was in reserve!”  while guys like me can say “The units represent actual capacity, not numbers”.

Stick a declaration to that effect in your designer’s notes and Robert’s yer daddy’s sibling.

You c***s are going to make me buy a copy of Company Commander now, aren’t you?

Well, Alex, your AAR just rang up a sale for Ivan! ChaCHING!

I will read it and start tooling around with it ASAP. I have already been working on simple WWII company rules for some time, so I have an idea of what basic ranges and stuff should look like.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

FiveCore Brigade Commander

Let’s move the talk to that thread, so people can use this one to oogle Alex’s nice terrain 🙂

(And thanks for buying!)

Participant

“For the record, I am deeply offended, Jack.”
    Well, you’d better be!  I think we’re on a roll here, and so now I’m off to the ‘other’ thread to see what Ivan’s up to now.

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.