Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy The Elves of Tanith (3mm scale Microworld Games)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

My 3mm scale Elvish army is starting to take a serious shape. I have colors that work well and a basing scheme I’m very happy with. Rules are, as appropriate, Mayhem and Dragon Rampant. I’m even looking to prepare a nice campaign map using Inkarnate or some such, and some metal coins for amassing fortunes (and buying armies!)

I even have, for the first time, a nice, sizeable gaming space in the making. So here goes nothing!

ian pillay
    Participant

Amazing brush work! I wouldn’t have guessed they are 3mm. Can’t wait to see more photos as they come off the work bench.

Tally-Ho!

Mr. Average
    Participant

The models are shockingly good – way better than many I’ve seen even at larger scales. The line is superb top to bottom!

Thomaston
    Participant

I like the archer’s formation, a shame it does’t show as well on teh cavalry. Those birds look really good, nice feather detail.

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Mr. Average
    Participant

Yeah I might go for larger cavalry bases but for now it feels good. In multibase units I think it will serve the purpose.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Using Hexkit and a nice tile set I’ve set up the initial campaign – the Elvish invasion of Zubrowka Province in the far south!

A little whimsical but expressive and easy to follow.

Like I’ve said elsewhere, Mat, you’re making me want to rebase everything I have done,

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Hah! You guys flatter me. Thaddeus, you are the reason I’ve begun working up my armies so seriously! I was previously mainly a sci fi player but boy this Microworld line is just so excellent!

Incidentally – since you’ve worked with the O8 ancients, how do you think they would work as human locals? Part of the campaign is that Tanithite forces may be compelled to occupy Human settlements if the March Barons refuse to let them pass as they fight the Orc Stain; or conversely, they may sally forth to fight the common enemy – or even fight alongside the hated Orc if they were of a suitably deranged frame of mind. Thought some suitably painted Romans and Germanic Nobles might work as a simplified, generic Human force to cause trouble as the real action plays. Do they scale well with each other?

They scale VERY well with each other. If fact, I made my eagle riders into Romans and bought some Microworld beastmen to use as Roman minotaurs, just to give the Romans a fantasy twist. The Gauls and Hermans work great as barbarians.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Man that’s looking great Matt!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mr. Average
    Participant

Thanks, DS! It’s feeling very much like what I had always wanted old school games to offer – big, epic battles on a sweeping scale, even though in reality medieval warfare was small scale and of limited aims.

And that’s great to hear, Thaddeus! I will arm my humans in the Roman fashion, so they can make trouble for my main forces.

And speaking of old school for some reason the rerelease of The Fantasy Trip from SJ Games passed me by – the perfect opportunity for side adventures for money and magical items to assist in the battle against the Orc-Czar!

🙂 I am getting into Oathmark for “small” medieval battles. My first 28mm project in a quarter century.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.