Home Forums General Books and Magazines The Hall of Mirrors: War & Warfare in the C20

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone read Hall of Mirrors, War & Warfare in the C20 yet?  Any thoughts?

Participant

I haven’t, but I shall add it to my Amazon wishlist.

Incidentally, I think my Amazon algorithm is broken. When I follow your link I get this on my ‘other stuff we want you to buy because you looked at this item’

I’m struggling to find a connection 🙂

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I got the correct link but I wasn’t at all impressed by the book’s description.  Amazon, or my ipad, wouldn’t let me copy snd paste the offending sentences so I’ve had to screenshot them snd post them here as a photo.

Richard Overy certainly comes to a conclusion about strategic bombing in his book ‘The Bombing War’, and I’m pretty certain that we know how the Allies defeated Germany in NW Europe.  Or am I wrong.  Anyway, this doesn’t look like a book for me I’m afraid.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

As I didn’t enjoy Jim’s previous book as much as I expected, I am looking for excuses not to buy this. I’ll probably crumble in the end, but looking at the first review on Amazon UK makes it sound like a good read.

Mr. Picky was especially delighted that the reviewer replaced “tour d’horizon” with “tour de raisin”, a useful term I intend to adopt if any of our old ditch-hiking group get back to doing bibulous battlefield tours.

All the best,

John.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.