Home Forums General Conventions and Shows The Joy of Six 2022 – it’s not all toy soldiers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We’ve had the final site meeting for the Joy of Six prior to the event, and all is looking good.  The final layout for the show is nearing completion and we hope to publish that for all to see next week.

As well as the great range of traders and the wonderful games on show, JOS traditionally hosts two unique sessions and this year will be no exception.

Firstly we have the Baccus Sunday morning grill, where a demanding and downright inquisitive audience get to ask questions of the Baccus team about all aspects of making little men and machines and the nuts and bolts of running a wargames related business.  These are normally great fun as a lot of the questions seem deliberately awkward, so come along and try to catch us out.

Secondly we have the Sunday afternoon panel, where we assemble what passes for the Great and the Good of our hobby and they get to field questions and share their opinions with the audience.  The last time we staged this, it was so popular that there was standing room only!    The panel this year will consist of Dan Fauconbridge, the editor of Wargames Illustrated, Andrew Ovel from the Hobby Support Group podcast, and Greg Wagman, the leading light of the wonderful Little Wars TV channel.

If you have any questions that you would like to put to this group of wargames glitterati, please send me an email or a message and I will add it to the list.  You don’t have to be present for us to use your question.   I am hoping, (but not promising) to get this year’s session filmed and then placed on the Baccus YouTube channel.

The Joy of Six 2022 will take place at Sheffield Hallam University, Howard St, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 1WB.    Doors will open at 10.00am and we will kick you out at 4.00pm.    Entry cost will be £4.00 for adults and £1.00 for children.

Details of games and traders attending can be found at http://www.joysofsix.co.uk

Participant

Hi Peter, rail strikes permitting I intend to be at Joy of Six again this year.

Are the two sessions open to all or do we need to be added to a list somewhere?

Looking forward to being there!

Mike

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

Hi Mike,

Free to all to attend.  Bring your own rotten fruit and veg to throw at the speakers…

Participant

Peter,

Anything on painting and basing – other than stock 🙂

Participant

Looking forward to this! I hope to spend a fair bit of time hanging out at Tim Carne’s Gettysburg game, but as I plan to be there all day I should be able to give all the beautiful games there the attention they deserve. Hope to meet some fellow TWWers there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.