Home Forums Renaissance The moghuls were not Mongols !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paskal
    Spectator

Hello everyone,

Which manufactures proposes in 25 / 30mm, figurines for the moghul army conquest period (1520s) and the north indian armies of the 16 century?

Thank you

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Paskal.

Actually, the Mughals  (or however you want to spell them) did have some Mongol roots, but also Turkic,Persian, and of course Rajput influences. As such, they would have an eclectic mix of dress and armor.

Off the top of my head, you might look at the Old Glory Persian list:

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/products.asp?cat=186

You’ll need to do an image search for pics, as usual.

Paskal
    Spectator

Zahir ud-din Muhammad (n.1483-d.1530), but he receives the nickname Babur or Baber , meaning “tiger”, founder of the Moghul Empire of India descendant of Tamerlane by Prince Miran Shah  (n.1366-d.1408) third son of Tamerlane (n.1336-d.1405 – Emir of the Timurid Empire 1370-1405) and of Genghis Khan by his mother (hence the more than doubtful origin of the Mongol origin of the moghuls).

His father, Omar Sheikh Mirza (1456-1495), is a Turkish-Mongolian king of Ferghana, part of Turkestan, now in Uzbekistan.

Very little to do with the Mongols, Babur and his ancestors are in fact Islamized Turks …

The term Moghul is an accidental deformation of the Mongol term …

Babur wanted to be attached to the Mongol to increase its prestige and that’s all.

In fact I’m looking for specific 25 / 30mm, figurines for the moghul army conquest period (1520s) and the north indian armies of the 16 century…

Not figurines that could pass for moguls, but specific figurines of moguls and north Indians of the sixteenth century.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paskal.

OK, you might want to take a look at this blog:

http://www.gdws.co.uk/early-mughal-india.html

I don’t see where Foundry  lists theirs, so they may not  currently be in production.

Bears Den was recently acquired by Badger Games, who advertise here. You could contact them to see when they plan to start producing that line.

Personally, I would look around for figures that would pass, but then my standards are notoriously lax.

Paskal
    Spectator

Thank you and bravo it looks very interesting !

On conditions that the range is quite consistent and that it also make the Indian opponents of the Moguls in the sixteenth century.

Paskal
    Spectator

Hafen von Schlockenberg,

Badger Games will not have them and they do not know if they will have them in the future ?

But ask them the question and you will see…

Well that’s unfortunate. But I still hold by the conclusion in my post above.

Paskal
    Spectator

Too bad, but I do not give up !

Paskal
    Spectator

Without being interested in his crew, this War Wagon And his team of 4 Oxen (reference SKU: IND19) are valid for the Mogul army at the first battle of Panipat in 1526 ?

War Wagon

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Paskal.
    Paskal
    Spectator

Frontier miniatures and Eagle Figures proposed in a distant past a range of 25 mm Mughals,but where to find them today?

If you know warn me …

Thank you.

Paskal
    Spectator

Do you think that 25 to 30 mm figures of Sikh, Afghan or Hindu irregular troops of the british colonial wars in India in the nineteenth century can be used to mount armies of the history of the Indies in the sixteenth and seventeenth century?

If yes, which references from which manufactures ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.