Home Forums Alternate History Imagi-Nations The Republic of Malakastan – Still a work in progress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A bunch of guys over on the GHQ forum have created imaginary nations (imagi-nations) for their micro armor armies.  They have created an army for their country and some of them have gone all the way and created fictitious histories for their country, a flag, and even placed their imagi-nation on a map.  This may be the pinnacle of geekness and nerdiness ,,, but it sounds fun.

A long time ago when I was building some middle eastern game boards I did not want to re-create any specific region but rather create a sort of generic middle eastern town and surrounding area.  I called this area Malakastan.  So, now I’ll join in the geekness and Malakastan an official imagi-nation.

Here is what I have come up with so far:    https://allensmicroarmor.com/the-republic-of-malakastan/

Allen Rockwell
    GameCraft Miniatures
    Business: www.gcmini.com
    My Blog: www.allensmicroarmor.com

Participant

The Sultanate of Ifat welcomes you. For a small fee…… Looks good Due !!!

Participant

Allen:

Who in their right mind would want to live in a city named “Thanatos”? I imagine its inhabitants will have a short life expectancy when your campaign gets into full swing! I love the use of TAM tanks! Beware of Ifati bearing gifts however.

On a separate note I want to thank you for producing such excellent MDF Middle Eastern buildings. They’re outstanding and a pleasure to behold on a gaming table. Bravo, sir!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Allen: Who in their right mind would want to live in a city named “Thanatos”?

They are called Malakas for a reason.

Allen Rockwell
    GameCraft Miniatures

Participant

LOL! Oi! You’ll go blind thinking like that or at least have a stroke!

Does that make the city’s residents Thanatari?

Cheers.

Rod Robertson

Participant

In Greece malaka is most commonly used as a term of endearment between men; translating as pal, or mate!

Participant

In Greece malaka is most commonly used as a term of endearment between men; translating as pal, or mate!

I know… I used to live there 🙂

In California we use “dude”, in Greece it’s malaka.

Allen Rockwell
    GameCraft Miniatures

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.