Home Forums General General The Rod Robertson and Jonathan Keepers thread.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    kyoteblue
    Participant

As foretold by prophecy the Rod Robertson and Jonathan Keepers thread has been born.

Hey Rod what have you got on your painting building desk/table?

I have 15mm 1/100 Team Yankee T-64, M-60’s and Hummers.  I’ve Essex TYW/ECW 15mm figures being painted by a friend and Copplestone Barbarians on order.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Hey John, no, I just can’t do it. You’re always going to be Kyoteblue!

Hey Kyoteblue:

My workbench has dust on it. Under that dust and all in 15mm are four Soviet T-35 land battleships (80% complete), five Pz III E’s (60% complete), two Pz IV D (50% complete) one SdKfz 253 Command vehicle (all but done), four SdKfz 251B/1’s (80% complete), one LeFH-18 10.5cm gun and crew (60% complete), four T-64B MBT and one T-72 MBT (primed and base coated), a platoon of early war German Infantry (50% complete), a platoon of Canadian late war infantry (80% complete), two Burmese war elephants plus sixteen passengers and accompanying light infantry (40% complete), about twenty Skythian cavalry and twenty four assorted Skythian auxilia and archers (50% complete). They’ve been there for about a year and I just have no drive to get any of them finished and off the work station. Pushed off to the side are about 80 Polybian Roman legionnaires (20% complete) and 12 Celtic cavalry (all but done) which have been there for about four years now! At the assembly station are the same six T-55’s that I was working on last spring! To be mounted on bases and flocked are four Soviet T-28 E medium tanks, 14 T-26 M1935 Lt. tanks and fourteen BT-7 Fast tanks. The door to the work/gaming room is closed now so that I don’t have to look in shame on the fruits of my sloth and indifference. This is a deep, deep rut I’m in and is unprecedented in my life experience.

Copplestone Barbarians, eh? Are you moving into Mike’s Conan world then or are these historical barbarians? More T-64’s? How many does that make now? Twenty or so? I know you have about twenty T-55’s. What are the 30 Years War figures you’re having painted? You should combine them with your Cold War kit and do an Eastern European version of Eric Flint’s 1632 series of novels!

So there you have it. My hobby progress has been a big fat Zero for the last 6-8 months and I haven’t played a real game in that same 6-8 months window. Sorry to be such a downer and negative-Nellie, but you asked!

Cheers from sloth central.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The TYW/ECW figures are for Pikeman’s Lament rules, which I’ve read about but not yet played.  The Team Yankee stuff is for the next campaign to take place sometime in 2018. The Copplestone Barbarians are for some kind of Conan game or Dragon Rampant. I’ve also some Darkest Africa Blue Moon Tarzan great hunters on order, with Rebel Miniature Pulp figures on order as well. I may use Howard Whitehouse’s Mad Dogs with Guns for rules.

I mourn your lack of gaming mojo.

kyoteblue

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Yes but what nationalities of TYW troops? English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Swedes, …. for the Pike and Shot period?

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The two Essex boxed armies are Royalist and Irish while the Minifigs are I think Swedish.I used my painted Ottoman Turks to make an Ottoman army. I posted pictures on my facebook page. I’ve never done Pike and Shotte before so when I read Victoria’s AAR on Lion Rampant and then Pikeman’s Lament it all clicked and I started a new period!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Your bold foray into 17th Century warfare sounds very adventurous. I hope you enjoy gaming the period and become the Gustav Adolphus of your playing circle. Can the 18th Century’s Great Northern War be far off for you? Good luck and good gaming in this endeavour.

Be well and cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

As others have said on another thread, so how did pike and shot really work? Oh and put the horses on the flanks!  The only 17th Century warfare I want to do is the French and Indian War as it has Hawkeye in it!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Joyce ordered me a ton of the Rebel Miniatures 15mm Pulp figures to do 30’s Gangsters Call of Cthulhu and or The Mummy.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Yah, dat’s shweet, shee! Paint up some mooks and broads, give’em some Tommy-guns and release dese palooka’s on da’world, right. I guess Joyce don’t know dat St. Valentines Day has a whole other meaning to da soldiers of Al, Dutch, Meyer and Bugsy, Shee? Here’s a scenario you can’t refuse, if you know what’s good for ya! You should set dem all up in Las Vegas as da mob takes over a big piece of de action while da mummies run amok from the Howard Carter Travelling Roadshow, plagued by da curse of King Tut, Shee? Intrepid news reporters, local flat-foots and creepy occultists have to dodge mob hits and Aegyptian terrors to try to prevent de opening of de gates of Nyralathotep, which will allow de ancient gods to return and lay waste to da world of humans. Its us or dem, shee. So it’s war, shee? Straight razors, M-1911’s and organ grinders against the undead and da supernatural in de deserts of Nevada. Shweet! De climax and final confrontation takes place at da newly opened Miss Elvira’s school for Wayward Waifs just before da school hastily relocates to far off Ifat to get away from dis arcane apocalypse in de American desert, shee!

Keep a baseball bat at hand, you could need it when your possessed dog and grand-kids comes for ya, like dey always do.

Cheers, Shee!

Rod, da boss, Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

It should be fun.  I think!

kyoteblue
    Participant

We are seriously demented…

kyoteblue
    Participant

Tarzan Jane, the Great Apes  Great Hunters, and Villagers came today. The plastic Battlefront M-60 is a great little kit.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Tim:

Aren’t we all dying from the day we are consceived? The big news is what we do along the road to the grave and that’s what this thread is about, gaming with mini’s.

Kyoteblue:

I don’t consider myself demented, just sanity-challenged!

it sounds like you’re moving with speed and determination into pulp-gaming. I can hardly wait to hear how Tarzan vs. the M-60 MBT turns out. Should be short but exciting.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Huh, I could have the Great Apes help Tarzan take out the M-60 with a pit trap.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Rebel Miniatures order came in today. Gangsters Tardus Cavemen Monkey Boys and Deep Ones oh MY!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Have yourself a very pulpy Christmas/Yuletide! I hope you and yours have a great holiday season and a happy and prosperous New Year.

The added dimension of murder, mayhem and chaos on the gaming table with your new figures will no doubt enhance the festivities and good cheer.

So Cheers Old Man!

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Working on 6 plastic M-60’s   I have 12 Hummer’s and 15 T-55’s still in boxes.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Just sent the money order off but I soon will have 242.50 worth of 15mm Copplestone Barbarians to do Hyboria/ Conan with.  Thanks to Lon Weiss at Brigade Games. 2018 should be strangely fun.

kyoteblue
    Participant

More figures on order Friekorp 15mm ECW/TWY thru Scale Creep Miniatures from TSS/QRF.   Worked a bit on BF M-60’s and terrained some bases.  2018 is shaping up to be a  year of role-playing solo style.

Mike
    Keymaster

but I soon will have 242.50 worth of 15mm Copplestone Barbarians to do Hyboria/ Conan with.

Good heavens!!!

How much??

kyoteblue
    Participant

I ordered a ton as I don’t know if I can do it again.  I wish I had a way to order your Crom’s anvil figures.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got my Copplestone figures in today. Awaiting developments on a Crom’s Anvil order.  Because Conan!

kyoteblue
    Participant

My 10-year-old Grand Daughter Kay Kay wants to help me paint the Wolves that came with the Barbarians. A win for PaPa !!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Kay Kay and Pa-Pa throw themselves to the wolves?!? How charming and tragic all at the same time! When will we see curmudgeon Conan and Red Kay Kay rising to the throne of Aquilonia? By Crom!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Hey Rod, I’ve not started the Barbarians just yet as I’ve been basing trees on steel washers.  What can I say I need a forest.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I ran out of static grass for the trees so I’m back to basing figures while I wait for more flocking.  I should have enough figures done by this weekend to try my first game of The Pikeman’s Lament.  Swedes V Ottomans.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I did a test game of TPL with my Swedes and Ottomans I had to do a lot of paging back and forth for the moral rules.  The Swedes rolled better than the Ottomans and won.  I got my static grass and have been flocking tree bases ( still have a forest to do) and the painter finished my 15 mm Essex Royalist boxed army. I have to base and flock them as well but it will give me another army to use.

Nothing was done on my Tarzan or Barbarians.

The authors of TPL are coming out with a horse and musket successor set of rules for the French and Indian wars along with AWI next years so I’m planning on getting figures for that done later this years so as to have them ready for when the rules are published.

Sorry about the arm Rod.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.