Home Forums General General The SFSFW: Thieves or Incompetents?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

http://www.sfsfw.org/

Slightly over a year ago I paid the sum of £18 for membership to The Society of Science Fiction & Fantasy Wargamers (I have the Paypal receipt to prove this). Several months after, having not received a membership card or a copy of the Society’s fanzine or even an acknowledgement of my payment,  I began requesting a refund from Mike Thompson (the Membership Secretary) and then Steve Blease (President and Treasurer). To cut a long story short both men were just about as unhelpful as they could be and I haven’t got my money back.

So, is it just me? Has anyone else been ripped off by these guys?

Keymaster

I have sent an e-mail to SFSFW to make them aware of this thread.
    Hopefully they will respond either to you directly or via here.

I have no dog in this fight by the way.

Participant

Looking at their website the last mag they produced was back in 2013, before you joined up.  Since then they’ve previewed number 60 (about the time you joined) but nothing indicates they’ve actually produced anything since you joined – and you signed up for the next six issues they produce…

It looks to have taken them about 18 months to go from producing number 58 to making number 59, so at that rate your membership could be good for another 8 years or so…

Not bad if you can access the member discounts…

Maybe not so good if you joined for the mag though…

Sand, not oil, in the gears of the world.

Participant

Thanks for the replies, gents. Perhaps the light of publicity that can be shined by posting at TWW will make these guys a bit more reasonable, who knows, but I’m not going to hold my breath 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.