Home Forums WWII Third and Fourth Missions in Nuts! Normandy Campaign

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your interest. Yes, I am playing this solitaire.  The campaign in the book doesn’t do it the way you suggest, the recce missions are more like patrolling up to an OP so you can see “another” bit of the battlefield, but your suggestion could be done quite easily by treating the enemy as defending against an attack (so the game would generate a defensive position instead of a more fluid patrolling situation).

An attacker can choose one of two objectives before the game starts: defeat the enemy on the table, or push on to the opposite edge.  But it could easily work with a physical objective on the battlefield.

I use individual 6mm figures for section patrols, but this would annoy me too much if there were 30+ individually based 6mm figures on the table! So I use multiple-based figures as rough indicators of the location of a section or so when playing these platoon-sized games.  It works okay, although Nuts! does recommend individual basing.

I hope that helps

I played the intro mission last week in 15mmm to get used to the rules – Looking forward to the first mission  (Now I have completed my cows )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.